Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Cingular Reception question in DFW. Using an SE W850i phone.

Old Feb 24, 2007, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.

Hi,

Does anyone have experience using cingular network in Dallas and DFW specifically?

I use cingular and I don't get reception in the airport but do in the car rental hub. I'm also wondering if its anything to do with the phone I put the SIM card in. My wife bought be a Sony Erricson W850i for the holidays and I put the sim card in it. In many places in Dallas I get a message of no reception and 'emergency calls only'.

I'd be glad to hear any feedback.

Thanks, Craig
Old Feb 24, 2007, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I was in Terminal D a couple of weeks ago and neither my wife nor I (I have a 3125, she has a Blackjack) had issues with reception.

Steve
Old Feb 25, 2007, 4:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EP, UA 1K, DL GM, Tumlare Bussresor Super Class
Since the 850i works on the 900, 1800 and 1900 MHz bands and AT&T's network is mainly 850 MHz (1900 MHz coverage only in certain spots), that phone is unlikely to work well on the AT&T network.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.