Reload this Page >

Exchange BOSE QC1 for QC2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exchange BOSE QC1 for QC2

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2009, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA: Former CK (LT PLT), MB: PE (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by omahajim
QC1>QC2 for US$100
QC1>QC3 for US$150
Any intel on what QC2>QC3 will cost?
Old Apr 15, 2009, 6:17 pm

Programs: QF Silver
Originally Posted by ktakahashi
Are you saying you got the QC3 out of the deal? If so, for how much?
No, I got the latest rev of the QC2 - the "Second Edition" with the latest update to the magnetic shielding in the earcups. Sorry don't remember the exact rev # offhand. I didn't want the QC3s due to the lack of a replaceable battery & the occasional reported squealing when the earpads were in close proximity to a hard surface.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by omahajim
Certainly not trying to win the 'oldest resurrected thread' award today, but wanted to add my current experience about the Bose headphone exchange program.

I finally got around to cleaning out my box of broken stuff, and found my long-ago broken QC1's. The plastic bayonet piece that holds the earmuff, attached the headband, broke on the L side (one of the plastic curved bayonet pieces holding the L earcup broke), and in such a way that superglue really won't do the job.

I called Bose and was offered the exchange program.

QC1>QC2 for US$100
QC1>QC3 for US$150

I've seen a couple other threads on this topic but wanted to give another recent report. I'll probably go for the QC2 deal, apparently as long as it is the most recent V2 of the QC2 according to another thread (if I read it right).

Any other recent exchanges and did you get the most recent QC2 version?
I just called and was offered the QC-15 for $99. That seems pretty sweet to me. i took it.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 3:42 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
From which Bose, the QC1, 2, etc?
Old Mar 25, 2010, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by cordelli
From which Bose, the QC1, 2, etc?
from the QC1.

what is slightly interesting is that the invoice for the order shows

"QC1 to QC2 Exchange Program"

and then

"QuietComfort® 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headphones"

anyway, the guy on the phone told me he could sell me new earpieces for $35 or swap the QC-15 for $99. that was an easy decision for me.

among other things, the QC-15 seems like an ergonomic over the original QC-1s, at the very least, with folding earpieces and the absence of the inline control box.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Whats the number to call to find out about an exchange?
Old Mar 25, 2010, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
im going to have to finally do this with my Qc1. I feel bad to have to fix/upgrade them, I have had them now more THAN A DECADE! but I also have a couple Qc2, but I almost want to keep the QC1 just to keep them. They have probably done more than a million miles with me alone
Old Mar 25, 2010, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by mikelat
Whats the number to call to find out about an exchange?
Just call the # on their website and choose tech support. And if you don't like what you hear, then just call back.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 8:40 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Southwest RR, HI Priority Gold, Marriott Rewards
Thumbs up QC-15

Just got an upgrade from my 4 year QC-2 to the new QC-15 for $89.00 from Bose technical.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 11:10 am

I received my new QC-15. nice upgrade from my old QC-1: folding earpieces, no clumsy inline box, removable cord, only 1 AAA battery, nice carrying case.

i'm pleased...
Old May 26, 2010, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG lifetime platinum
I was interested in this idea of exchanging my QC-2 for the QC-15 and I called Bose technical support and they said it was not an exchange program, it is a replacement program and there has to be something wrong with the QC-2 headphones. You can not just "upgrade" to a different product if there is nothing wrong with the QC-2.
Old May 26, 2010, 5:45 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by entrada
I was interested in this idea of exchanging my QC-2 for the QC-15 and I called Bose technical support and they said it was not an exchange program, it is a replacement program and there has to be something wrong with the QC-2 headphones. You can not just "upgrade" to a different product if there is nothing wrong with the QC-2.
i think your ear pads and/or hinges are starting to crack......
Old May 26, 2010, 6:55 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
tell them you hear a beeping sound in the headphones, new battery don't help it out.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 12:20 pm

Thanks OP - I got a $99 + tax replacement for my QC1's for the QC15's. Of interest to Canadians is they charge a higher price if shipping to Canada ($198) so best to have a US address.

They told me I have to send them the old set before they will ship out the new set.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 7:16 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by careh
Thanks OP - I got a $99 + tax replacement for my QC1's for the QC15's. Of interest to Canadians is they charge a higher price if shipping to Canada ($198) so best to have a US address.

They told me I have to send them the old set before they will ship out the new set.
What is the latest on the pricing these days?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.