Wiki Posts
Search

Nokia N80 experience?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2006, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: "I COME FROM Des Moines. Somebody had to." -- Bill Bryson
Nokia N80 experience?

Anyone with Nokia N80 experiences? I know it's a very new phone. Considering replacing my 6230 with this phone.

I have found a price of $234 all-in from Oz (the catch is I'd have to buy 3 at that price).

Last edited by UAVirgin; Jan 11, 2006 at 12:08 pm Reason: corrrect spelling
Old Jan 11, 2006, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Buyer beware!

$243 sounds like a total scam, especially if you have to buy 3 of them. AFAIK they are NOT released yet.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

It is actually $700 (~$243) each. A minimum purchase is 3 units.

They are starting to show up on eBay and other places. Yes, the price is appearing to be too low for a just released phone.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UAVirgin
It is actually $700 (~$243) each. A minimum purchase is 3 units.

They are starting to show up on eBay and other places. Yes, the price is appearing to be too low for a just released phone.
There are only a few sellers with a real photo of the phone on Ebay, I'd say that of the 31 being offered at the moment most are fake/fraud.

Do you mean that it is USD700 for all 3 of them? That still doesn't sound right.

Most of them on Ebay are in the good old purple "upgraded" auctions, I always view those as proof that they are being hosted under a hijacked account... Nobody in their right mind pays the $20 to upgrade their listing like that.

Last edited by ScottC; Jan 11, 2006 at 12:53 pm
Old Jan 11, 2006, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Yes it is USD$700 and shipping from Australia. It is looking more and more like a scammer as all his other auctions were used high-end electronics and now he's switched to phones all of the sudden.

Regardless, what are peoples thoughts on this phone?
Old Jan 11, 2006, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes it is USD$700 and shipping from Australia. It is looking more and more like a scammer as all his other auctions were used high-end electronics and now he's switched to phones all of the sudden.

Regardless, what are peoples thoughts on this phone?
I'd call it "JASP" - Just another Symbian phone...

Nothing too special, nice display and handy to have wifi/3g and edge all in one device, but other than that I have never been impressed with the series 60 platform.

Personally I am more impressed with the upcoming SonyEricsson P990i

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?...=pp1&pid=10336

But what exactly are you looking for in a phone? Something similar to the 6230? Why not just get a 6230i ?
Old Jan 11, 2006, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ScottC
I'd call it "JASP" - Just another Symbian phone...

Nothing too special, nice display and handy to have wifi/3g and edge all in one device, but other than that I have never been impressed with the series 60 platform.

Personally I am more impressed with the upcoming SonyEricsson P990i

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?...=pp1&pid=10336

But what exactly are you looking for in a phone? Something similar to the 6230? Why not just get a 6230i ?
I love my 6230 but its getting worn and when its time to replace the battery I always look at what new interesting phones are available. I like the wifi/3g/edge and bigger screen.

The P990i looks really good. It also runs Symbiam -- How does that differ from the Nokia?
Old Jan 11, 2006, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I love my 6230 but its getting worn and when its time to replace the battery I always look at what new interesting phones are available. I like the wifi/3g/edge and bigger screen.

The P990i looks really good. It also runs Symbiam -- How does that differ from the Nokia?
Series 60 (Nokia) and UIQ are very different; totally different UI, different apps and different options. I always found UIQ to be more geared towards the professional.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.