Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TMobile Blackberry In Europe

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2005, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

TMobile Blackberry In Europe

A good friend of mine is taking a vacation in the Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Italy. While he is set with his gsm voice coverage on his crackberry, I wondered if anyone could shed some light on any issues with pricing and/or coverage on the GPRS side of the equation? Is he going to be hit with extra data charges for the synching of hios corporate email?
Old May 12, 2005, 12:25 am
Permanently Banned

It'll be $15/mb of data. I've got a 7230 through T-Mobile and it roams just fine. Coverage rocked, and I'm glad that I didn't look at the bill at the office. It depends on duration and amount of emails. Note, attachments won't come to the BB by default so when someone attaches documents, you'll just be notified of a document attached.
Old May 12, 2005, 9:10 am
Original Member

Programs: UA MM Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
I don't remember getting hit with a huge data charge. I typically use around 1M of data per month.
Old May 19, 2005, 2:31 pm

I typically use about 3 meg a month. I get about 30 emails a day, and every now and then I have to read a big attachment. Anyway, I was in Europe last month for 2 weeks and frankly the data charges were minimal - it is the per-minute charges that add up when I was yakking on the phone.

Hope this helps.
Old May 19, 2005, 2:36 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Somewhat related question - does anyone have experience with using an instant messenger with a Blackberry in Germany (T-Mobile)?
Old Jun 15, 2005, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by shep_one
I typically use about 3 meg a month. I get about 30 emails a day, and every now and then I have to read a big attachment. Anyway, I was in Europe last month for 2 weeks and frankly the data charges were minimal - it is the per-minute charges that add up when I was yakking on the phone.

Hope this helps.
This info is very helpful. I'm also wondering what my "hit" will be while in Spain for a week later this summer.

It looks like most European carriers charge about $0.10 per KB of data, and my most recent months reports have been about .666 MB of data sent to the BB.

At this rate, I think I'd be spending about $25-30 for the week although I'd probably reply to more messages than usual since I'll be using the BB as my primary e-mail while traveling.

My usage, as reported by T-Mobile actually seems low, since I receive many e-mails per day, but I think the BB e-mail is condensed in size relative to normal e-mails.

Does anyone else have any European billing reports?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.