Sending pictures while roaming internationally

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2005, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum

I have T-Mobile USA service and am wondering what the particulars are about sending pictures from a cameraphone are when roaming internationally. I currently have a Treo 600, which is a tri-band (GSM 1900 for North America, and GSM 900/1800 for worldwide).

I called T-Mobile USA's international tech support desk to ask them, and they told me that it simply isn't possible. They said that phone calls, SMS, and GPRS Internet access are available, but not sending pictures at any price.

I'm not sure that I believe them - does anyone have experience on this matter?
Old Apr 30, 2005, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by Steve M
I have T-Mobile USA service and am wondering what the particulars are about sending pictures from a cameraphone are when roaming internationally. I currently have a Treo 600, which is a tri-band (GSM 1900 for North America, and GSM 900/1800 for worldwide).

I called T-Mobile USA's international tech support desk to ask them, and they told me that it simply isn't possible. They said that phone calls, SMS, and GPRS Internet access are available, but not sending pictures at any price.

I'm not sure that I believe them - does anyone have experience on this matter?
Most carrier-specific value added services are not available when roaming. My Treo is on Sprint and while I can roam on other networks, the PCS Vision and all related services are not accessible. Standards-based communiction, like phone and SMS should always be available (duh, otherwise roaming is kind of useless ), but I'm surprised that even web access is possible,
Old May 1, 2005, 1:17 pm

Programs: CO/OnePass Platinum, *wood Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HiltonHonors Gold, Amex Platinum, Hertz #1CG 5*
In my travels to UK & France, I have not had a problem accessing T-Zones, sending pictures to email or "My Pictures" (222) or to my flickr.com picture account using my US T-Mo account.
Old May 6, 2005, 5:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Got back from England yesterday. I sent several photos (as email) using my Nokia 6600 and TMobile US SIM card. Not a problem at all. If you can send photo attachments as emails here in the US it will work in England. I should note that I have international GPRS roaming provisioned on my TMobile account. That is required to send the emails.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.