Finally - spellchecker for Mozilla/Firefox

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2005, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Finally - spellchecker for Mozilla/Firefox

http://spellbound.sourceforge.net/
Old Mar 5, 2005, 8:15 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Many thanks for that. All the deliberate mistakes in this reply were successfully spell checked.
Old Mar 5, 2005, 9:30 am

A new version of the Mozilla Firefox browser fixes a flaw that made users vulnerable to online fraud.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/03/03/m....ap/index.html
Old Mar 6, 2005, 8:15 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Thanks for the link - I really needed a spell checker for firefox.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Scott thanks for the link. At least with Firefox I don't get timed out and lose the new topics that I am posting on FT during thier tech glitch with their BB software like I did with IE6.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 9:24 am

Been using it since the middle of last year - and it's just about the only extension I haven't had issues with through version 1 of Firefox. A lot of other extensions had issues on the jump between FF 0.9 and 0.10 (think the naming scheme messed things up) and then to 1.0.

In additional to daily SpellBound use, I highly recommend the Bookmarks Synchronizer - https://addons.update.mozilla.org/ex...gory=Bookmarks if you've got multiple computers that you'd like to keep all the booksmarks current to.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ScottC
Scott I have been successful in installing this spellbound extension on my home computer and it works great. This was a big issue for me because when I use IE6, I was getting timeouts half of the time I was posting to FT and was losing everything that I had composed. With Firefox I don't have this problem and this spell checker was the missing link in making Firefox an every day tool.

However, I cannot for the life of me install spellbound on my office computer. Is it just me, or is the installation of some of these Firefox extensions not user friendly? Both PC's are using XP Pro, and I have followed the same steps on each download.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.