Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Old cellphone died - where to buy new one?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Old cellphone died - where to buy new one?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2005, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Enjoy.

Phonescoop's a great site, but the opinions over there aren't always the most helpful.

I bought my wife a Motorola v220 and most people didn't like it. It's certainly not a spectacular phone, but it's a lot better than what a lot said over there. She's happy with it, and isn't jealous of my 551, so we're all happy.
Old Feb 20, 2005, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Originally Posted by Dianne47
...I went to the t-mobile.com website and on the homepage was a big new ad for "web only" free Motorola V300 camera phone with any $39.99 plan. Clicking in on this ad produced the exact national coverage plan I wanted with 600 anytime minutes, free nites & weekends.
I hope you like the phone and T-Mobile service. I have T-Mobile and a Nokia world phone and nationwide service. I have been satisfied with the service so far.

Two recommendations:
1. Get the phone unlocked as soon as you can. I think I got my phone and had customer service give me the unlock code in the first couple months. The phone are sold locked to use only T-Mobile SIM cards and I wanted to have the option of using other carrier's SIM cards, US or international, if I wanted. Call up customer service and they'll get the code and walk you through it.

2. Have the WorldClass service activated on your phone and plan. You have a world phone so it is able to receive and make calls/text messages using your T-Mobile account. Customer service has to activate this and then your phone will receive a message that is has been activated. T-Mobile has the cheapest international roaming/text rates of all the US carriers in case you need to use your phone outside the US. I got to South America after I thought the T-Mobile rep had turned on the international roaming and found out after I got back he hadn't. Grrr. So make sure you get that text after it's turned on.
Old Feb 20, 2005, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, UA, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, Accor
Originally Posted by CApreppie
I hope you like the phone and T-Mobile service. I have T-Mobile and a Nokia world phone and nationwide service. I have been satisfied with the service so far.

Two recommendations:
1. Get the phone unlocked as soon as you can. . . Call up customer service and they'll get the code and walk you through it.

2. Have the WorldClass service activated on your phone and plan. . . T-Mobile has the cheapest international roaming/text rates of all the US carriers in case you need to use your phone outside the US. I got to South America after I thought the T-Mobile rep had turned on the international roaming and found out after I got back he hadn't. Grrr. So make sure you get that text after it's turned on.
Thanks for these two useful tips. I thought I would get the phone unlocked sometime in the future, but I can see from your comment that it would be better to do it right away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.