Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Were you ever part of the free iPod conga?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Were you ever part of the free iPod conga?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2005, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, CO, DL, WN, SPG Gold
Post Were you ever part of the free iPod conga?

If so, eTrust has ripped its certification from the hosting site for violating the TOS with respect to the handling of personal info. Except, due to eTrust's agreement with clients, it can't say right now why it has done this -- the first such decertification action in about 2 years.

See here.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 11:23 am

Programs: AA Gold; HH Gold
Interesting. I did the freephotoipods.com deal, and received it in the mail a couple weeks ago. I gave them an email address I use for spam, but they did have my mail address. They didn't have credit card or other sensitive information, so overall I'm not worried about privacy violations they may have done. What's the worst that can happen.....getting even more junk mail?
Old Feb 11, 2005, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Gratis never has access to your credit card information--only the referral companies do (almost all of them are pretty trust-worthy). And, like, ML2T, I created an e-mail address, then, after receiving my iPod, set the quota at 0KB so that I wouldn't receive anymore e-mails from them or their "partners".

It took a week or two before I started getting spam. However, a friend signed up with a brand new e-mail (spam) account, and she started getting spam within two hours of signing up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.