Wiki Posts
Search

Difference between Tumi Computer Backpacks

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2004, 2:14 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Difference between Tumi Computer Backpacks

I am unable to see a $100 worth of difference in these two bags. If someone has either of these I would like to have your opinion.

style 26086

and

style 2640
Old Sep 14, 2004, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The 26086 is in the newest line, I have the regular laptop bag in this new line and love it.

The 26086 also has a removable laptop insert and other small features like pass-through for a portable music player.

The price difference is only in the fact that one is newer than the other IMHO.
Old Sep 14, 2004, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unless you need these new options, or want the newest of the newest the older one should suit you just fine.
Old Sep 14, 2004, 2:40 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ScottC
The 26086 is in the newest line, I have the regular laptop bag in this new line and love it.

The 26086 also has a removable laptop insert and other small features like pass-through for a portable music player.

The price difference is only in the fact that one is newer than the other IMHO.
from the picture it doesn't appear that the laptop insert is removable. I am confused.
Old Sep 14, 2004, 5:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold
To be honest I would go with the old one.

I got the 26041 laptop bag to replace my older version....I do not like the fact that the front pockets are 'harder' and so allow less stuffing.....it seems the seams are tougher. The old pockets were 'looser'.

I hope I am making sense......

has anyone else found this to be annoying??
Old Sep 14, 2004, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by prncess674
from the picture it doesn't appear that the laptop insert is removable. I am confused.
I'm just going by what their website says:

Not an inch of wasted space in this case. Features include: removable padded computer insert, dome-top opening that doubles as an accessories pocket, cell phone pocket, PDA pocket, accessory pouch on a retractable cord, disk pockets and numerous other pockets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.