Wiki Posts
Search

Need Blackberry Help

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2004, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 8 MM; Hilton Diamond
Need Blackberry Help

I am using a new Blackberry. Two things: (1)I get endless spam. I am using web client and the BB does not have the protection of my desktop (Router firewall+Windows firewall+Norton Antispam). Any way to stop this? (2) The 10mb mailbox fills up quickly and I have to go online to clean it out. Due to problem #1, this is frequent. The BB browser is hopless. I would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks in advance,
Old Aug 28, 2004, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1) Signup for spamcop and route all your blackberry email through them, or if you are handy try setting up your own email server with Spam Assassin, that is what I did and I never see any spam on my Berry.

2) If you are with T-mobile phone them and request a 50Mb mail box, that is free of charge but might require quite a bit of calling around...

Also, try the filters at the web client, before I went with Spam Assassin I had over 50 spam filters.

The web client also has an "auto-aging" feature that will delete email after a certain amount of time, if you always read your email in a certain amount of time then this will help a lot.
Old Aug 28, 2004, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 8 MM; Hilton Diamond
Scott, I owe you a beer!
Took lots of talking and lots and lots of waiting but got ATT to increase mailbox to 25m and I have also gotten smarter about auto delete and reconcile. Going to look at Spamcop next.
ALso intrigued by ATT;s "Office Online". Any experience with it (Scott or anyone else). I gather I would then be reading email off of my desktop (leaving it on is not a problem).

Thanks again,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.