Shure E2C's for just $62....

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2004, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Shure E2C's for just $62....

http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/deta...166&PID=268435
Old May 20, 2004, 8:54 pm

Any good reviews that you've seen, or from FT users?
Old May 20, 2004, 9:15 pm

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
I believe Prncess674 has 'em. I have the E5c's and all I can say is... wow. I mean I thought the Etymotic ER4s were good but the E5s are just mindblowing. They should be for $500 too!!! The E2s are obviously not the same as the E5s but IMO they still sound excellent and with their excellent sealing properties do a better job of noise suppression than active cancellation ever could
Old May 21, 2004, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

People were reporting them on back-order already on the 19th. See post #22:
http://www.bensbargains.net/ktalk/10...3,24844,.shtml

There's also a link to a review on that same page:
http://gear.ign.com/articles/409/409...html?fromint=1
Old May 29, 2004, 5:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, AA LTP 2MM
Originally Posted by kanebear
I believe Prncess674 has 'em. I have the E5c's and all I can say is... wow. I mean I thought the Etymotic ER4s were good but the E5s are just mindblowing. They should be for $500 too!!! The E2s are obviously not the same as the E5s but IMO they still sound excellent and with their excellent sealing properties do a better job of noise suppression than active cancellation ever could
Owning both the Bose QC2's and the E2's I agree the Shures are excellent, but neither the sound quality nor the noise supression are the equal of the QC2's. I'm using the stock gel ear inserts on the E2's, not the foam ones. That said, for one-third (or less) the price of the Bose they are WAY more than one-third as good and thus seem a better value for money.
Old Jun 2, 2004, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by UAL_Rulez
Owning both the Bose QC2's and the E2's I agree the Shures are excellent, but neither the sound quality nor the noise supression are the equal of the QC2's. I'm using the stock gel ear inserts on the E2's, not the foam ones.
You can't get the best out of the e2s without using the foamy tips - they won't sound as good and you won't get the isolation. Compare using the foamy tips and you'll get a much more favorable comparison.

FWIW, if you look at headphone-specific forums as opposed to travel forums, Bose is widely derided as middling technology at an outrageous price. For what you pay for the Bose you can get really high-end headphones. Take a look at Head Fi or HeadWize.
Old Jun 2, 2004, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by chazas

FWIW, if you look at headphone-specific forums as opposed to travel forums, Bose is widely derided as middling technology at an outrageous price.

I try to avoid the "audiophile snob" label but, IMHO, Bose are more a marketing success than an audio success. I grant that their noise cancelling technology is outstanding, but embedd a set of Etymotic ER-6' s inside PlaneQuiet NC cans, and you'll get better sound, better NC, for less $$$. I haven't tried the Shure's, but they are well regarded and would likely work as well. If I wasn't so prone to losing things (on my 3rd set of Ety's in a year), I'd spring for the ER-4's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.