Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MS Office - Detect and Repair

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2004, 3:03 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
MS Office - Detect and Repair

Can someone explain what this function is supposed to do? Also, does this work on all Office components or do you have to do this from all of the programs (ie. Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)?? Thanks.

------------------
Gaucho100K
Old Mar 16, 2004, 4:20 pm

Programs: AS 75k, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, ect.
Which version of Office?

The feature did not really work in 2000, got better in XP and is fully workable in 2003.

Old Mar 16, 2004, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Im running Office 2002 under Windows XP Professional.
Old Mar 16, 2004, 5:59 pm

Programs: AS 75k, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, ect.
It should basically to a re-install of any missing file from the base Office installation. You must have the original media you installed from (more specifically the original .MSI file for the version of office that you have. Office Pro 2002 is PRO10.MSI)

If you have the media I would go for a full re-install of office vs. the D/R option.
Old Mar 16, 2004, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Quattro:

If you have the media I would go for a full re-install of office vs. the D/R option.
</font>
Sure I do, I have the original software that came pre-installed with the computer, that includes all the CD's. Are you saying that a re-install of the Office is needed to correct the SP3 update problem?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.