Search

TREO 600 and Wireless provider

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2004, 10:11 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
TREO 600 and Wireless provider

Was just aobut the get the wife a TREO 600 as a gift (she has a keen interest in them) but her service was with Sprint and one of the reviews said using Sprint the Treo can not send messages, only if you send a picture with an attached message. It was a system upgrade that was coming soon that would change that.

Shocked by that, and wondering if there are any other weird restrictions on them by the carriers?

We aren't married to Sprint, it would make some sense to get a GSM version so she can use it out of the country, so we are considering switching.

Anybody know of any other weird limits imposed by the carriers?
Old Feb 22, 2004, 12:49 pm

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
Sprint is upgrading it's network for MO-SMS (mobile originated) as we speak. The Treo is the or one of the first phones to be able to take advantage of this feature and in many places it's already working. You can find more info at HTTP://www.treocentral.com
Old Feb 25, 2004, 9:07 pm

Have had a Treo 600/Sprint, for the past month. I love it!! The SMS system (Sprint Messaging System) is slowly going up all over the US. It does work with the Treo,I have it now in CA, but my daughter does not have it yet in CT.

[This message has been edited by Lanikai (edited Feb 25, 2004).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.