Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IBM transnote

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2003, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

IBM transnote

has anyone seen/used one of these. i know that they discontued them, but i was thinking about getting one for my grand-daughter for use when she goes to collage next year. thanks for your input.
Old Aug 29, 2003, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a couple of them, they are "ok", specs are very low, no CD/DVD player etc and screen resolution (800*600) is not enough for the real road warrior. But they did show an amazing display of technology way before the current tablet pc era.

For your Grand-daughter she'd probably be better off with a "real" notebook with cd/dvd drive and reasonable display.
Old Aug 29, 2003, 9:59 pm

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
We still have a few of these floating around the office. They are a relatively primitive precursor of the "Tablet PC" although they do have the benefit of digitizing what's written on the paper as opposed to only what's written on the 'screen'. As delivered they're WOEFULLY underpowered. You're going to need more memory for sure. Also, as Scott says, the screen size and resolution really aren't enough for modern-day computing and I'll add that the battery life is pathetic. Really, if you want to get her something she can write on, an Acer Travelmate C110 pad would be the best. It's both a regular notebook and a writing tablet.
Old Aug 30, 2003, 8:49 am
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by haole:
...but i was thinking about getting one for my grand-daughter for use when she goes to collage next year. ...</font>

Just to remark that it's wise to review what the specific college recommends as a suitable machine. This information is usually easily available at the school's web site.
Rich
Old Aug 31, 2003, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

thanks for all the replys. i will look into the other models. i don"t think in viet nam the school has given the students a choice, if you have one ,use it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.