Wiki Posts
Search

LapTop Lane / Aerzone Out of Business

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2001, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP 2MM, Marriott-PP/LT P, Avis-PC
LapTop Lane / Aerzone Out of Business

I just walked past the Laptop Lane / Aerzone in the St Louis Airport..... it is shuttered with a sign indicating that they have gone out of business. I also tried to access their website at www.laptoplane.com and the site is down. Where can us high speed addicts go now ??? A sad day.
Old Aug 21, 2001, 10:32 pm

Programs: Airline/TSA Avoidance Platinum, Hotel Disloyalty Silver, Hertz 1.7*
Indeed it is. I never used it, actually, but I liked the idea that it was there. The one at LGA was open when I was stuck there back on 8/13, just a week ago. So this is very recent. Surprised their site is down already; you'd think at least there'd be a placeholder saying what happened.
Old Aug 25, 2001, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
I just used one at ORD in late July.

Actually, it was a frequent destination for me at ORD.

Since I've finally decided to break down and get a Red Carpet Club membership it's not a huge deal, but the business model seemed a pretty reasonable one...
Old Aug 28, 2001, 3:34 am
EPS

Programs: UA 1P; HHonors Silver
Wayport to Acquire Laptop Lane Locations in Key Airports, Extending High-Speed Internet Services for Business Travelers
Company to Add Nine New Airport Locations to Its Roster of More Than 400 Hotels and Airports

http://www.wayport.net/press/pressRe...ssReleaseId=61

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Under the terms of the agreement, Wayport will acquire the following Laptop Lane locations:
  • Three at Hartsfield Atlanta International Airport (World’s largest airport*)
  • Two at Chicago O’Hare International Airport (World’s 2nd largest airport*)
  • One at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (World’s 5th largest airport*)
  • One at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (17th largest U.S. airport*)
  • One at New York LaGuardia International Airport (19th largest U.S. airport*)
  • One at Salt Lake City International Airport (25th largest U.S. airport*)
</font>
Old Aug 28, 2001, 7:14 am

Programs: Airline/TSA Avoidance Platinum, Hotel Disloyalty Silver, Hertz 1.7*
Ah! Thank you EPS. I'd been looking for news on Laptop Lane's demise to no avail.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.