Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Does Sprint PCS have any coverage in Montreal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2001, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold

Keep getting different answers from customer service

If not, can I rent a cell phone at the airport the way you can in Europe?
Old Jul 14, 2001, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jan_az:
Keep getting different answers from customer service

If not, can I rent a cell phone at the airport the way you can in Europe?
</font>
My girlfriend was at a wedding in Montreal in May. She had no problems in using her SprintPCS phone, but it counted as digital roaming.
Old Jul 14, 2001, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Thanks- I just like to be sure that my kids can reach me if they need to!!!!!

Digital roaming is still cheaper then renting a phone and them having to dial a Canadian number
Old Jul 15, 2001, 8:41 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Our company use to have an office in Montreal, and it was about 75/25 if the sprint phones would work up there, but that was a year ago. Make sure you have the latest PRL loaded into it if you haven't updated it in a while (you use to be able to get that by calling customer service from the phone and it would upload your roaming list if need be, but I think they stopped doing that and require you to visit an office).

Old Jul 15, 2001, 7:14 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Yes, your phone will work in Montreal. I'm guessing the rates wont be too high, but check fees associated with receiving calls in Canada.

However, do not fret and DO NOT RENT!!!!!!

Prepaid cell phones are INEXPENSIVE in Canada.

Tip. Buy the same make as your current one, bring a charged battery, bang, no waiting to use it and you will have new accessories, battery, charger, etc...

If you need one, it (prepaid) won't work in US, but you will have use of phone while visiting.

The company I work for P/T has prepaid in most urban cities in Canada.
For $125-150+tax Canadian,$85-100US, (depends on handset model) you get phone, charger, and 150 mins of per second local airtime (116 mins of LD) or combination of...

It's $50Cad of airtime @ $.33($.23US)/min local/ $.43($.33US)/min LD to anywhere in north America.

Then there's the compitition.......

No need to rent a phone in Canada....

Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.