Search
Old May 25, 2023, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pseudoswede
More details here... https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-...ling-data-pass

1 day pass (512MB) = $5
10 day pass (5GB) = $35
30 day pass (15GB) = $50

Otherwise, your plan may include high-speed data... https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-...-roaming-plans

With their highest-end plans (Go5G Plus, Magenta Max, and One Plus), your rate plan will include unlimited high-speed data roaming in 215 countries.

With their lower-tier plans (Go5G, Magenta, One, Simple/Select Choice, and other grandfathered plans), you get 5GB of high-speed data roaming in 11 European countries: Austria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Macedonia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, and Slovakia. You receive 256kbps speeds in the other countries where T-Mobile has roaming agreements.
Print Wikipost

T-Mobile International Pass

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2023, 10:13 am
Original Poster

T-Mobile International Pass

I have a OnePlus Unlimited 55+ plan, and will be heading to Portugal and Spain. Prior to the pandemic, I found the data roaming speed (2/3G) there barely sufficient for my use. I'm considering getting an International Pass for this trip, and would appreciate comments.

https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-...ling-data-pass

What does "high-speed international data" mean? I asked at a store if it means 5G, 4G, etc., and the staff had no clue. Also, are there still 2/3G networks in those two countries?

Thanks in advance.
Old May 19, 2023, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott LTT + Ambassador
I always get a data pass when traveling to Europe - I'm on OnePlus Unlimited. Last year in Europe, coverage was typically LTE (4g) and, on occasion 5g. I expect that 5g coverage will get better over time. the data pass does make things far more usable.
Old May 19, 2023, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. That's what I need to know. Will get the data pass.
Old May 20, 2023, 12:50 am

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
My experience with the included int'l roaming mirrored OP's -- barely usable. The data pass gives you something much closer to what you are used to at home. It won't be quite native speeds but it will be eminently usable.
Old May 20, 2023, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Thanks.
Old May 20, 2023, 8:46 pm

Before you buy the data pass, check to see if your One Plus plan already has Simple Global Data included. T-mobile added free 5GB high speed data free for some of their plans a while back. I have T-Mobile One plan and I got it.

If you look under features under your plan, try to see if you see

Simple Global (texting and data abroad)Text and up to 5GB of high-speed data, then unlimited at up to 256Kbps in 215+ countries and destinations
Xyzzy likes this.
Old May 21, 2023, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by Need
Before you buy the data pass, check to see if your One Plus plan already has Simple Global Data included. T-mobile added free 5GB high speed data free for some of their plans a while back. I have T-Mobile One plan and I got it.

This.

I have a ONE plan from 2017, and it has ONE Plus Promo included. I have added 3 more free voice lines since then. The new free lines did not automatically pick up the Promo, but I had it added successfully by T- Force and an overseas 611 rep. I am currently traveling and using a spare, free voice line in an iPad Mini 6, getting the high speed 5Gb data roaming in that device. Yesterday I clocked over 100Mbps on the island of Martinique with it!
Old May 24, 2023, 3:08 pm

I get an International Pass whenever I go to Europe, and have had great luck with the service in France, the Netherlands, Italy and the UK. My old and cheap T-Mobile plan only includes useless, snail-slow data in those countries, so it's been well worth the cost.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 9:25 am

I need to purchase an International Pass. Do they automatically charge the credit card on file or does it prompt for a payment method? I want to pay this on my corporate card, but I'd rather not add the corporate card to my account as the default payment method if I don't have it.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 10:16 am

I believe it's auto-charged. At least on the app, you need to first select a phone line , which would already have a payment method tied to it..As soon as you select the pass under Manage Add-Ons, it will take you to a page where you "Agree and Submit" with no other option to use another card.
Old Sep 15, 2023, 8:41 am

I would think that it doesn't immediately charge to a card. It just add that item to your next bill. When your next bill cycle ends, the international pass charge will be one of the item on the list. Then if your autopay will pay it. Not sure you could itemize it out and pay it on its own. If you buy a phone, then you pay it separately, but adding a service would be charged to the monthly bill I think.
Old Sep 15, 2023, 2:02 pm

Thanks. I did purchase it and I think Need is correct in that the charge actually appears on the next bill. I purchased via the app and it did give me a screen that said "International Pass $50 One-time charge to your bill" and after I hit the agree and pay button, it gave me a "Thank You, Pass now active" confirmation, so I combined those two screenshots together for a make shift receipt and I'll just mark it as a 'cash' transaction since work doesn't cover my regular cell service.

My statement finally issued. It was $50 + taxes/fees, so that was another ~9%.
goodeats21 likes this.

Last edited by wcj1; Oct 10, 2023 at 4:44 pm
Old Oct 8, 2023, 8:18 pm

Programs: NEXUS, MileagePlus Silver, Frontier Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Quick question. I have used the 1-week pass in Europe twice now without issue. I am going on a cruise that calls at a port in the Bahamas, Cayman Islands, and Jamacia. I don't need the 10-day pass. Wanted to know if I could active 3 separate 1-day passes for the 3 days we will be in those ports. I know the app lets you pick a future date so would like to have this done before we depart. Thanks.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by trmbn65
Quick question. I have used the 1-week pass in Europe twice now without issue. I am going on a cruise that calls at a port in the Bahamas, Cayman Islands, and Jamacia. I don't need the 10-day pass. Wanted to know if I could active 3 separate 1-day passes for the 3 days we will be in those ports. I know the app lets you pick a future date so would like to have this done before we depart. Thanks.
Perhaps you could choose the first port day before departing for a 1 day pass, then while in that port with service, schedule the next port day, etc.? Just a thought if you cannot do all three before departure.
trmbn65 and Need like this.
Old Oct 15, 2023, 11:21 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by Need

my plan includes the 5gb data for 122 countries. What I can’t find (tmobile cs can’t or won’t answer) is that per billing cycle and does it reset for each country?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.