Reload this Page >

Boingo 'Improvement'...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boingo 'Improvement'...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2024, 6:04 am

“As a quality of life enhancement to our valued Mastercard holders, we are now limiting you to twelve Boingo WiFi sessions of 90 minutes. This will increase your quality of life by allowing you to:
  • Read a book. In this hectic world of being “always connected,” when was the last time you actually had a chance to carefully flip through the pages of a quality book and explore the author’s nuisances?
  • Explore deep tracks of music. Most of us have download our favorite artists onto our phones. When was the last time you had the chance to carefully explore their deep tracks? To listen carefully to the instrumentals and appreciate skills of a good guitarist or pianist?
  • Talk to your spouse. In 2024, we text, email, argue on Facebook, but our conversations are limited to the most mundane. An airplane is a perfect place to have that conversation and get to know (again) that person you said “I do” to many years ago.

At Boingo we take your quality of life seriously and are proud to bring this new uhm, ugh feature and enhancement to our valued customers.

Blaine "Blarney" O'Malley
Boingo Personal Growth Coordinator.”
Old Feb 11, 2024, 1:28 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

Originally Posted by Dubai Stu
“As a quality of life enhancement to our valued Mastercard holders, we are now limiting you to twelve Boingo WiFi sessions of 90 minutes. This will increase your quality of life by allowing you to:
  • Read a book. In this hectic world of being “always connected,” when was the last time you actually had a chance to carefully flip through the pages of a quality book and explore the author’s nuisances?
Does anyone writing this assume that someone will believe them? Sure, I will fall for it if they allow me to stop by at the airport and pick any book I want at their dime.

Companies should grow a spine and own up what they are doing.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by mrkenneth
If you have multiple eligible Mastercards, can the benefit be stacked on one Boingo account? i.e. 36 sessions per year with 3 cards registered.

Or should a separate Boingo account be created for each Mastercard?
To answer my own question, each card requires its own Boingo account. Authorized user cards with different card numbers appear to work for additional accounts.

I created the account in this month and only received 11 free in-flight sessions, so it looks like new registrants may get a prorated number of sessions in the first year.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 6:39 am

Or perhaps the Flyertalk member who wrote the “email” is full of blarney.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 5:09 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Just received his email from Virgin Money who operate the Virgin Atlantic Reward+ Mastercard in the UK.
Haven’t used Boingo in a while due to reduced travel, but found useful in the past.

Does anybody know which other UK issued credit cards offer this benefit, please?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.