Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Apple Watch data onto Fitbit app? Sync app?

Old Sep 10, 2022, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold

Hi all....Travel Tech question: Iíve used a Fitbit for 11+ years and have all my data stored in the app and cloud service. I love Fitbit! I also bought an Apple Watch, but seldom wear it because itís annoying to have to wear two devices to be able to communicate, while also recording my daily steps on Fitbit, especially while traveling. I dislike the Apple health app, but Apple and Fitbit are competitors, so they wonít allow data sync between the two apps.

I see there are a couple of third-party apps that do the syncing. Can anyone recommend one that works reliably, even if it is a paid app?

What I am looking for is to be able to pick up either my Apple Watch or my Fitbit on any day, and have all the steps sync reliably to the Fitbit app. (I donít care about Apple health) any suggestions? Thx!
Old Sep 10, 2022, 4:15 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
There are several apps that are capable of synching the Apple watch with the Fitbit app:

How to Connect the Fitbit App to Apple Watch
Third-party apps like Strava and MyFitnessSync will connect the data from your Apple Watch (and Apple Health) to your Fitbit app. To get started, you need first to download and install one of these apps. For this article, we're using Strava as an example.

How To Connect Apple Watch to Fitbit
ESpen36 likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks!!
Old Oct 17, 2022, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Just bought an Apple watch and have the same problem. I am not even sure I like it yet but I know for sure I don’t like wearing 2 watches. But I do like the Fitbit sleep monitor and step counter.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Just bought an Apple watch and have the same problem. I am not even sure I like it yet but I know for sure I donít like wearing 2 watches. But I do like the Fitbit sleep monitor and step counter.
Yes, I've been learning that the Fitbit step counter is more accurate than Apple Watch / Apple Health in tracking walking/running steps. Fitbit has a sophisticated set of sensors to track the actual steps, whereas Apple provides estimated steps based on accelerometer data and average stride length. As a result, I have found that Fitbit is consistently about 800-1,000 steps MORE than Apple Watch/Health in the course of a given day, when I wear both devices properly and for the entire day. There are several articles online that confirm that Fitbit devices are more accurate in counting the actual number of steps taken while walking/running.
Boraxo likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.