Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flexiroam Global Plan

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2022, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Flexiroam Global esim Data Plan

I just was checking global roaming esim services, and came across one I think deserves sharing. Flexiroam currently has a 360 day, 7Gb Global plan for $40 on their site. The list of included countries is impressive. The plan must be activated within 6 months of purchase, but that seems to be the only major restriction I saw. This is about the best global roaming deal I've seen since the old Sim4Crew packages a few years back. I realize 7Gb is not a lot of data, but even 2 of these is a bargain compared to most offers with this many countries included. I put one in my cart for a trip in March and two more this coming Nov.-Dec. Countries like Egypt, Morocco, Israel, tend to be left off many packages or command a premium price.

Edited to add: I placed an order this morning and received an email notice in a few minutes. I've used their services in the past, so I am in their system. A few minutes after this edit I received an activation code for 7Gb plan, not 6 as was originally the offer.

Here is what is included: Albania, Algeria, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Canada, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Congo, Congo Dem Rep, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Estonia, Ethiopia, Faroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, Garbon, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Hawaii – USA, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jersey Island, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Namibia, Nauru, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Northern Ireland, Norway, Pakistan, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia Federation, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Scotland, Senegal, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Virgin Islands British, Virgin Islands U.S, Wales, Zambia, Zimbabwe

Last edited by draver; Jan 17, 2022 at 9:50 am
Old Jan 17, 2022, 11:08 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I always get suspicious when there are spelling mistakes on the home page
Old Jan 17, 2022, 11:26 am
Original Poster

They are based in Singapore, so my experience with a lot of Asian businesses is their websites frequently have translation or grammar mistakes.

I have dealt with them for at least 5-6 years and they have always been reliable and provided the service they represented. Perhaps others can contribute their experiences, good or bad?
Old Jan 17, 2022, 11:28 am
Original Poster

I should add to this thread, this offer may have a short fuse. I have seen it is to expire in 3 days, and another notice that it dies on the 20th. I suggest if you are interested, you move quickly.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 9:31 am

Have you also tried the options from Airalo?

Can anyone speak to the pros and cons?
Old Jan 18, 2022, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

I have also used Airalo and they are a well priced, quality roaming esim data provider. I give them an A rating from past experience. I still have credits with them I intend to use in March for a European trip. Until Knowroaming changed their pricing, they were very competitive with Airalo also, but their rates seem to have gone up recently. I also have some Three UK sim cards I need to activate if they will still work. I bought them pretty cheaply just before the travel ban in early 2020.

I plan to activate this new FlexiroamX plan in April for trips to Europe, Asia and Australia later this year and early next year. I figure for $40 it's worth trying out, and I don't need a lot of data, just something for WiFi calling and a little mapping.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 12:38 pm

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33629712-post95.html

mtx connect is pretty good (0.012 euro/MB) if you dont mind giving them your passport/drivers license

3UK has 268 hkg (USD$35) for 13GB 365 day
https://www.three.com.hk/prepaid/DIY/en/offer/travel
Old Jan 18, 2022, 5:43 pm

Have you seen any esim offers, at fair prices, for heavy data users?
Old Jan 19, 2022, 5:59 am
Original Poster

bukzin,
How much data per month or trip would you like to have?

Airalo offers 50Gb, good for 90 days for $100 in Europe. Also 100Gb, 180 days, for $185 in Europe. They have an Asian plan for $18, unlimited data for 12 days, but it has a throttle to 256kbps after the first 4Gb.
bukzin likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 7:36 pm

Any feedback on this Flexiroam 7gb plan? I have a trip to Colombia soon and this looks like the best option. Airalo, who I usually use, don’t really have anything competitive.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sapman986
Any feedback on this Flexiroam 7gb plan? I have a trip to Colombia soon and this looks like the best option. Airalo, who I usually use, don’t really have anything competitive.
No Feedback as I haven't activated this purchase yet. I am saving the 360 day coverage for use on a few trips next year also. The plan 360 day clock begins when activated within 6 months of purchase. Flexiroam has been around for years though, and I have had good experiences with them in the past. A few years back they sold a sim sticker that was a roaming data line that you switched service to via an app on your phone. It worked well and I bought and used several plans for that setup. You might try their website for chat on who the roaming carrier will be at your destination.
sapman986 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.