Search

Another person’s details appeared when my ticket was scanned

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2021, 4:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Another person’s details appeared when my ticket was scanned

Does this happen often:

Today when my ticket was scanned, another person’s information appeared. It was a different person’s name and a lower grade of accommodations.

The carrier eventually sorted it out but does this happen every now and then? Has it happened to you?
Old Dec 19, 2021, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by WeekendTraveler
Does this happen often:

Today when my ticket was scanned, another person’s information appeared. It was a different person’s name and a lower grade of accommodations.

The carrier eventually sorted it out but does this happen every now and then? Has it happened to you?
This hasn't happened to me personally, but you see it in the various sub-forums once in a while. It's usually caused by a database error of some sort. In theory it should be flagged during an integrity check but (as is often ridiculed by many on this board) we don't know the frequency (if ever) of any checks done.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 3:33 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
As this subject doesn't sync with Travel Technology's stated agenda: "Business travel includes cell phones, computers and more. Does that mean just digital cameras are allowed on regular travel? What works where, when and why not", we'll close the thread here. As StuckInYYZ alluded to, there is anecdotal evidence this pops up from time to time on specific carriers.. If the subject needs further analysis, it is suggested that the OP open a thread in the forum for the airline he/she saw it occur.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.