Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

GEGO Luggage Tracker - New suspension/reactivation charges?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2020, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

I suspect that GEGO have changed their terms and conditions to introduce a suspension charge and a reactivation charge, charges that did not exist when I bought the product, and are now trying to apply those terms retroactively.

I would be pleased to hear from anyone who has any evidence, however weak, to support either the suggestion that these charges are new or that they were in place before 2020.

I would also like to hear from other GEGO owners who have received the same email.

I had the LugLoc for years, and upgraded about a year ago to the newer GEGO tracker. One of the good things about LugLog/GEGO was that you could pay for a month of service when you needed it, and pay nothing the rest of the year.

I have just received an email from GEGO telling me that I should have been charged a $0.90 per month suspension charge while I don't have an active subscription.

There is now a $35 reactivation charge if you don't pay the suspension charge.

I don't believe that either of these charges were in place when I bought the GEGO.

They are telling me that I wasn't charged "due to an error".

The terms and conditions page now details these charges, though there is still no mention on the product page

The FAQ now also mentions these charges. It is quite telling that in the FAQ there are 4 questions relating to cancelling subscriptions, all 4 of which were updated 1 month ago.

If anyone can find earlier versions of the terms and conditions, or has any documentation from GEGO of the existence of these charges prior to April 2020, please let me know.

GEGO's email:
Hello,We appreciate you coming this far with us.

We wanted to share with you an issue related to your GEGO. Your device has an active SIM card. What does this mean? It means that our Mobile Carrier charges us for every active SIM Card, whether it's being used or not. This is why, when your GEGO isn’t operating (no active Service Plan), the SIM card still works.

We recently noticed that, due to an error in the merchant system, you were not charged the $ 0.90/month to keep your GEGO's SIM card active. Do not worry; we won't charge you retroactively. Please refer to our TERMS OF USE.

Since you have been our valued customer for a long time now, we proposed 3 special options for you to choose:

1. REINSTATE: This is the best option! You buy an annual Service Plan today and your GEGO is reinstated without paying the $35 reactivation fee. You will only pay $76 for unlimited usage for 12 months, compared to $49.95 for one month.($ 35 + 14.95) or $111 for a year ($ 35 + $76).(Click here)to reinstate your GEGO.

2. SUSPEND: Only $ 0.90/month will be charged to your credit card until you choose to buy a Service Plan. With this option, you waive the $35 reactivation fee. (click here) to suspend your GEGO.

3. CANCEL: You will be charged a $35 reactivation fee when you decide next time to purchase a Service Plan. ($49.95 for one month or $ 111.00 for a year). Please note that if you haven't purchased a Service Plan within 24 consecutive months the SIM card in your GEGO will be permanently deactivated. (click here) to cancel.

If you have questions please(click here)to contact our Support Team.

We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Cordially,

The GEGO Team
Old Dec 26, 2021, 12:39 pm

gego renewal

i do agree with your question
i have 4 gego and 1 lugloc since more then 8 years.
my family and I are heavy travellers but we did not travel lately due to the covid.
while buying a one year plan last week, I was surprised by a 35 $ fee for reactivation without any previous notice.
I can not accept it and I do feel it as a trap. I consider it unfair, not to say not honest.
I will not buy new plans and looking for other alternatives
elias

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.