Wiki Posts
Search

Video conferencing and meeting solutions because of Covid-19

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2020, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Video conferencing and meeting solutions because of Covid-19

Let's share technological solutions.

Freeconferencecall.com - moderator sets up a free account and gets a meeting ID number. Participants call the telephone number and enter the meeting ID number. Whoever is on the line can talk.

Skype - Both participants download the app. Can talk on their smartphone with two way video and audio. (There's probably a desktop app. I haven't used Skype in awhile.)

Facetime - Video calls. Must use an iPhone. No Android app.

WhatsApp - I've used it as a telephone but haven't looked into video. Both users have to download the WhatsApp app. WhatsApp is a nice texting app, especially to text those in other countries.

There are more.

What I want to try is Google's Hangouts. Any suggestions? The purpose would be to have a 3-4 way video call. Security is not critical though I don't want a public chat but rather a private 3-4 way video call.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Work from home tech thread
Old Mar 21, 2020, 2:13 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
Thanks Silver Fox for referencing the active thread (with over 3,700 views at the time of this writing).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.