Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

GoGo Inflight Entertainment ona Chromebook?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2019, 11:49 am
Original Poster

The last few times I've tried to watch GoGo inflight movies (on Alaska Air) on a Chromebook it failed miserably..... but that was a year or so ago.
I was unsuccessful going through either the Chrome browser (needs flash installed) and the GoGo Android app (endless loading, error messages).

Just wondering if anything has changed recently? Are there any hacks or workarounds? I have this great big Chromebook with a very nice screen and a huge battery, it would suck to watch movies on my phone!
Old Dec 15, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Probably not. But if you have a phone that allows sharing a WiFi connection like a Pixel you might be able to get around those issues by turning on the hotspot and streaming through that.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 5:21 am

Not sure this works (don't have a ChromeOS box), but if you search, you should find something that will work for you. Keep in mind, this is only a fix until the end of next year as Chrome is killing their support for Flash...

https://kb.nsd.org/article-708.html
Old Dec 24, 2019, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

I solved my problem ... by being issued s new MacBook Pro at work

I’d still love to find a way to make the chrome book work, watching movies in tent mode is a great experience, but alas no luck.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 6:59 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Can confirm, purchased Wifi for a 3+ hour flight last week on my Pixel 3 and shared the wifi with Mrs boerne on her 3 year old chromebook. She could not connect to entertainment on her chromebook until she logged on to my hotspot. After that no problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.