Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Password manager

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2019, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Password manager

I keep my accounts and passwords in a spreadsheet in cloud storage. The passwords and all numbers are encrypted. I need a password manager app for my iphone for easy access to this info while traveling (like when I can't get a signal and can't access cloud). But I'd like one that I could upload spreadsheet info to, saving the hassle of inputting 100s of accounts individually into the app.

Anyone have suggestions?
Old Jul 7, 2019, 9:46 am
Suspended

I’ve been a fan of 1Password for a very long time and it also supports csv import.

https://support.1password.com/create-csv-files/
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 10:13 am

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Some

Lastpass or Dashlane
fmastr and Stgermainparis like this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I keep my accounts and passwords in a spreadsheet in cloud storage. The passwords and all numbers are encrypted. I need a password manager app for my iphone for easy access to this info while traveling (like when I can't get a signal and can't access cloud). But I'd like one that I could upload spreadsheet info to, saving the hassle of inputting 100s of accounts individually into the app.

Anyone have suggestions?
LastPass checks all the boxes, is free, and supports both desktop and mobile devices/apps/browsers. While it's cloud-based, it keeps a local cache of your credentials in encrypted form. It imports passwords from just about any source, including other password managers. Here's the current list:

1. Generic CSV File
  2. Wi-Fi Passwords
  3. 1Password
  4. Clipperz
  5. Darn! Passwords!
  6. Dashlane
  7. eWallet
  8. FireForm
  9. HP Password Safe
  10. KeePass
  11. MSI PasswordKeeper
  12. MyPasswordSafe
  13. Passpack
  14. Password Agent
  15. Password Corral
  16. Password Depot
  17. Password Dragon
  18. Password Keeper
  19. Password Safe
  20. Passwords Max
  21. PINs Password Manager
  22. Revelation Password Manager
  23. RoboForm
  24. SPB Wallet
  25. SplashID
  26. Sticky Password
  27. TurboPasswords
Old Jul 7, 2019, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Wow, that was fast! Thanks, everyone. I'm installing LastPass now. I'll update for others when I get it all working.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: AA PLT 2mm
I use LastPass. Works great on my PC browser. The iPhone app works with most apps and Safari
fmastr and Stgermainparis like this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 2:51 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I've really gone off LastPass since the recent update. The form filling just doesn't work probably 50% of the time, where it use to work 95% of the time. So, I find myself typing in my CC details a lot these days. Maybe time I tried one of the others...
Old Jul 8, 2019, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've been using LastPass for years (and paying for it). I haven't seen it have issues with autofill in the most recent update to the browser plugin, but I think they really cramped the usability.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 4:30 pm

An alternative approach is something like Boxcryptor, if the goal is secure access to the file from your device.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 10:41 pm

Many people will recommend LastPass, but I don't. I have the paid for version of LastPass and the customer service is atrocious. No response to queries and questions, smartarse responses to feedback, and a general lack of respect for the customer. I have now moved to Dashlane's paid version and I am very happy. I would recommend Dashlane over LastPass every time, especially if you are paying for it.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think I've used LastPass customer service twice in the 8 or so years I've been paying for it, and both times they handled my issue quickly.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 8:08 am

Programs: AA Gold
LastPass user here, have enjoyed it.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 7:27 pm

I have to use LastPass for work, but use 1Password personally, and hands down I prefer 1Password.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PackingIt
I have to use LastPass for work, but use 1Password personally, and hands down I prefer 1Password.
Why?
Old Jul 13, 2019, 1:06 pm

Both provide solid protection. And this is obviously quite subjective. But I find 1Password to be a far more refined product, both on Mac and iOS. Easier to use, and far more intuitive than LastPass. 1Password has far better organization options as well. The Families option in 1Password is quite economical, and great for securely sharing passwords.

Originally Posted by gfunkdave
Why?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.