New Bose Headphones/Earbuds

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2019, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/...hones-700.html priced at US$400 and apparently not a replacement for the QC35s but an additional line.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/29/1...ase-date-specs has some more details, including mention of NC Earbuds coming next year.
Old May 29, 2019, 6:59 pm

controllable noise cancelling (10 levels)

charges via USB-C, still can connect using a wired audio cable. not sure if you can charge and use NC at same time

I love my QC20, wished they release a wired version without a battery (power+audio source coming from usbC/lighting jack).
JBL did one, too bad usbC audio is so fragmented and it'll be hard to make one working on all usbC phones/tablets
Old May 30, 2019, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Doesn't look like they fold...?
Old May 31, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by javabytes
Doesn't look like they fold...?
The cups just rotate like on some of the earlier Bose models. It is not quite as bad as it sounds because the case is relatively thin (or at least it was in those earlier Bose models)
Old May 31, 2019, 10:20 am

That case look absolutely huge seeing as they don't fold. I think that would be the main disadvantage for myself for air travel. USB-C finally is a plus. Why can't Sony just figure out how to easily switch between BT devices...
Old May 31, 2019, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
The cups just rotate like on some of the earlier Bose models. It is not quite as bad as it sounds because the case is relatively thin (or at least it was in those earlier Bose models)
The case dimensions are provided already in the specs... 2.4" thick. Doesn't sound much thinner than my current QC35 II case, if at all.
Old May 31, 2019, 5:07 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by javabytes
The case dimensions are provided already in the specs... 2.4" thick. Doesn't sound much thinner than my current QC35 II case, if at all.
I guess it all depends on the thickness of the cups. I remember my QC-25 case (about 2.3" ) was noticeably thicker than the model they replaced (QC2?). But I do agree that it is a deal breaker for many travelers and I won't be lining up to buy a set...
Old Jun 1, 2019, 1:09 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, Hyatt Globalist
They look interesting, as do the Earbuds 500. Case size will be key for me - my QC35s are too bulky to fit into my overnight trip back, which is why I also bought the QuietControl 30's, which have a much smaller footprint. The augmented reality thing looks interesting, but I wonder how well supported it'll be outside of the US.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 12:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond. American Airlines Platinum, Mariott: Gold. Delta: Gold
Bose has a terrible sound signature. The Q35s got better but id still pick a Sennheiser or even a Sony any day.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by Allentown
Bose has a terrible sound signature. The Q35s got better but id still pick a Sennheiser or even a Sony any day.
you don't pick bose for sound quality... you pick them for their NC (and for earbuds: stayhear tip's comfortability)
Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond. American Airlines Platinum, Mariott: Gold. Delta: Gold
Originally Posted by paperwastage
you don't pick bose for sound quality... you pick them for their NC (and for earbuds: stayhear tip's comfortability)
If you followed the audophile pages you would know that the Sony WH-1000XM3 and the Sennheiser PXC 550 equal or supass the Bose in NC while giving you both better battery life (especially the sony) and better EQ/SQ

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sony...elling.887797/

For that matter you don't even need NC. A solid pair of Shure 535 or 835s will isolate off the ear canal so well you won't even need ANC at all to achieve the same effect, with zero interference in sound quality and with the right phone or DAC and audio files you will get way better sound via a wired setup.

I use the Shure 535s in combo with the Quad DAC an LG V series phone and Tidal losslesss audio for best effect but on anything over 4 hours the pressure from IEMs is a bit painful for me so i use the Sonys (I some times carry both). I also carry one of a couple different FIIO DAC/Amps for some of my larger cans if i want to just use them at the hotel.

I am not saying the Bose are bad, i am just saying there are better out there.

https://www.whathifi.com/us/shure/se535/review
Old Jun 12, 2019, 7:46 am

If you followed the audophile pages you would know that the Sony WH-1000XM3 and the Sennheiser PXC 550 equal or supass the Bose in NC while giving you both better battery life (especially the sony) and better EQ/SQ
I seem to recall from an earlier thread that part of the WH-1000XM3's power savings game from going to sleep if there was no audio input or something like that... I use a cheap set of monoprice over-ear cans for day to day. Not anywhere near the best, but when travelling on public transit, it helps to filter out most of the noise, enough to leave me to my thoughts.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by paperwastage
The Sony (1000MX series) is at least on par with the Bose for NC and SQ is much better.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
I don't hold the hatred for Bose that some have, however I don't put them on a pedestal like I used to. I have a few NC products from them and overall I'm pretty happy. However, I visited a Bose store last week and unlike past visits, these guys didn't know anything. I still think Bose does a few things well, but aren't what they used to be.
strickerj and bigdavidg like this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 6:17 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
If you followed the audophile pages you would know that the Sony WH-1000XM3 and the Sennheiser PXC 550 equal or supass the Bose in NC while giving you both better battery life
I'm amazed at the battery life of my Sony XM2s. I havent done a side by side comparison with Bose cans but all the research I did pointed me to Sony and I haven't been disappointed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.