Search

Best Vault for storing and autofilling many credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott/SPG, AMEX
Another recommend for Lastpass.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 2:20 pm

https://support.1password.com/credit...dress-filling/

Count me as a very satisfied user of 1Password. And their support has always been top notch when I've needed assistance. I recommend 1Password whenever asked.

Originally Posted by tmiw
I just use 1Password. In my experience, the billing address is often asked for on a separate page from the CC# anyway, so there's not much value in using a tool that stores that info. YMMV though.
boardsports likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 6:47 am

There has been an article in the last couple of days about a vulnerability which effects many password vaults and would allow a snoop to steal the master password for many of these programs from RAM, decrypt these programs, and download the entire password list.

https://www.securitymagazine.com/art...sword-managers
Old Feb 21, 2019, 12:31 pm

This article does a good job of putting the aforementioned report into context. (TL;DR "I still think you should use a password manager.")

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2019/02/19/password-managers-have-security-flaw-you-should-still-use-one/?utm_term=.004fcc53a111

Originally Posted by Dubai Stu
There has been an article in the last couple of days about a vulnerability which effects many password vaults and would allow a snoop to steal the master password for many of these programs from RAM, decrypt these programs, and download the entire password list.

Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:29 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Dubai Stu

Even if somebody got my LastPass master password, they'd still not be able to access my vault. The 2FA would kick in immediately. And even if they managed to get passed that, it would be detected as a new location that would need a further email confirmation.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by qofmiwok
The best I have found is dashlane,
Did you find Dashlane to be a memory hog? I used for a while, but it was always top of list with memory usage. I am also on 1Password, but still not on their paid monthly plan. Might review Lastpass.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by tmiw
Interesting. I just set a card up in that section, so we'll see what happens next time I try to buy something online. ^
have you had any success? After posting I think I realized that on my desktop, the browser is likely auto filling my address.

But you should be able to fill it using the identity card.

-David
Old Mar 2, 2019, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
have you had any success? After posting I think I realized that on my desktop, the browser is likely auto filling my address.

But you should be able to fill it using the identity card.
Just tested with B&H's website and it seemed to fill my name/address/email okay. Haven't tried any other sites yet.
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:40 pm

Like many responses here, I can't recommend Lastpass highly enough. The only app I am prepared to pay for.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:43 pm

I genuinely don't understand the love for Lastpass. I use 1Password for my personal use, and have to use Lastpass for work, and 1Password is dramatically better than in Lastpass is every way, from functionality to polish.

Originally Posted by Thekman
Like many responses here, I can't recommend Lastpass highly enough. The only app I am prepared to pay for.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by PackingIt
I genuinely don't understand the love for Lastpass. I use 1Password for my personal use, and have to use Lastpass for work, and 1Password is dramatically better than in Lastpass is every way, from functionality to polish.
The most obvious difference is that LastPass has a free version that supports all of your devices and includes broader platform support. 1Password only offers a paid subscription model.

The free version ropes 'em in with LastPass, and if you need password sharing and additional MFA options such as smartcards or dongles, they're available in the paid version that costs the same as 1Password. From what I gather, 1Password's MFA options are more limited.

I've been using LastPass for years and I don't find it unpolished or unreliable at all.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:20 pm

The lack of a desktop app is pretty significant. And even the browser extension feels antiquated as compared to 1Password.

Anyway, I somewhat regret my previous post as I do not want to start any Lastpass vs 1Password battles But for anyone considering a password manager, I strongly encourage you to try both and decide for yourself.

Originally Posted by Dodge DeBoulet
The most obvious difference is that LastPass has a free version that supports all of your devices and includes broader platform support. 1Password only offers a paid subscription model.

The free version ropes 'em in with LastPass, and if you need password sharing and additional MFA options such as smartcards or dongles, they're available in the paid version that costs the same as 1Password. From what I gather, 1Password's MFA options are more limited.

I've been using LastPass for years and I don't find it unpolished or unreliable at all.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by PackingIt
The lack of a desktop app is pretty significant. And even the browser extension feels antiquated as compared to 1Password.

Anyway, I somewhat regret my previous post as I do not want to start any Lastpass vs 1Password battles But for anyone considering a password manager, I strongly encourage you to try both and decide for yourself.
What, exactly, am I missing from a desktop app? The vault is stored in the cloud and cached locally. the browser can use the cache if, for some reason, its cloud storage is unavailable. I've never been unable to access my passwords.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
1Password only offers a paid subscription model.
This might be new. While I did buy a license of the software a while ago, it still syncs via Dropbox instead of their own cloud solution (and I have yet to pay additional money to 1Password).
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:16 pm

Having a proper desktop app makes managing and accessing things like documents, ID information, etc, so much easier than just via a browser extension.

What, exactly, am I missing from a desktop app? The vault is stored in the cloud and cached locally. the browser can use the cache if, for some reason, its cloud storage is unavailable. I've never been unable to access my passwords.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.