Wiki Posts
Search

HP EliteBook 1040 G1 Baseplate Screws

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
HP EliteBook 1040 G1 Baseplate Screws

I have the subject laptop but appear to have lost baseplate screws over time; guess they're just falling out. Down to 2 that hold the base on and it's getting rickety. HP support said to check the sales site, but the only relevant entry is a set of screws for a bunch of crap for $35. Sorry....not paying $35 for <$1 screws. Anyone know where I could get the proper screws on the cheap? (no, that is NOT a request for a NJ hooker).
Old Sep 26, 2018, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by oneant
I have the subject laptop but appear to have lost baseplate screws over time; guess they're just falling out. Down to 2 that hold the base on and it's getting rickety. HP support said to check the sales site, but the only relevant entry is a set of screws for a bunch of crap for $35. Sorry....not paying $35 for <$1 screws. Anyone know where I could get the proper screws on the cheap? (no, that is NOT a request for a NJ hooker).
Taobao.com
Old Sep 27, 2018, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Seriously? That site errors on out on iPhone, and pulls up all in Chinese on my laptop. Kinda leads me to not go that route.

Considering I'm in the US, anything anyone recommend aside from Taobao?
Old Sep 27, 2018, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by oneant
Considering I'm in the US, anything anyone recommend aside from Taobao?
eBay.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: SkyTean, Star Alliance, HHonors
If you can measure the screw, it's easy enough to order online. You'll need the diameter, length, and thread pitch. There's two common pitches, so if you can get the first two right then in the worst case you just have to order two sets of screws.

https://www.boltdepot.com/Metric_machine_screws.aspx should be what you need. Just match up the head style, then measure the diameter.

If you have a Fastenall near you, maybe give them a try. They deal mainly with commercial customers and you'll need an account. But I've been able to walk into places like that with cash and get stuff. Depends on who's at the counter whether you'll get your stuff or get kicked out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.