Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sprint's new $15/month plan that includes global roaming

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2018, 4:12 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by lwildernorva
I was a former Sprint customer. If I had jumped on this plan, Sprint would have gotten back the number they lost. Although I'm not surprised by your experience, I find way too many CSR positions at many companies are manned by folks who cannot improvise even if what they say is accurate, those who don't care about their jobs so their representations are slipshod, or folks who are gung-ho about the bonuses they might earn so they sell, sell, sell and sometimes lie, lie, lie. I know there's also a fourth group of honest, hard working, truly customer service oriented employees, but I'm afraid that group is becoming vanishingly small.
You left out the words "outsourced Filipinos" and "actual Sprint employees based in the US who know what's happening and give a ....", but isn't this just an unfortunate trend for all customer service types in general? That said, telesales is generally very scummy at all the carriers, if I want to be sold something I would at least walk into a store and get something tangible...
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by msp3
if I want to be sold something I would at least walk into a store and get something tangible...
Now, if you walk into a Sprint store, you'll find no one to help you.

Or at best, you'll find someone who wants you to take a number to be served. Sorry, my wait time to buy a crappy Sprint phone needs to be 0 minutes. Anything greater than that, and I'm walking out the door.

These guys are so inept that they can't even get a smarmy commissioned sales guy onto a new mark like white on rice - you gotta take a number for that!!
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
I am very attracted to the pricing of this plan. I'm not all attracted to the carrier that is offering said pricing.

Regards
Old Jun 20, 2018, 10:15 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by scubadu
I am very attracted to the pricing of this plan. I'm not all attracted to the carrier that is offering said pricing.
Then you'll probably be happy to know that it's finished and no longer available.

Helps you overcome your internal conflict
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by docbert
Then you'll probably be happy to know that it's finished and no longer available.

Helps you overcome your internal conflict
There was zero internal conflict.

Regards
TWA884 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I'm sure it'll come back. They do this from time to time.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by pinniped
I'm sure it'll come back. They do this from time to time.
Why not jump on the 1 year free promo instead? https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/offer...unlimited.html

With the way the merger is going, it would seem to me this is the last time they extend this promo to run up subscriber numbers.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 4:29 pm

I have four lines on Sprint right now. Total bill with taxes is $137/mo. I have no idea what my actual plan is - just that there are no practical limits to anything I use.

If I added a 5th line, I wonder if one of these promos would make my bill go *down*? Our home line is on some cheap VoIP plan but I could easily ditch that and port the number to an old Galaxy S5 we have sitting in a drawer at home.

Does "add a line" enable your entire account of existing lines to jump into a promotion?
Old Jun 20, 2018, 4:50 pm

No, it depends on the promo. Unlimited kickstart was for both new account and add a line, 1 year free must be a new account completely. Sounds like you're on Unlimited Freedom (paid version of 1 year free/full-featured version of Unlimited Kickstart)?
Old Jun 20, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, it depends on the promo. Unlimited kickstart was for both new account and add a line, 1 year free must be a new account completely. Sounds like you're on Unlimited Freedom (paid version of 1 year free/full-featured version of Unlimited Kickstart)?
What exactly is "new account"? I've never had Sprint service in my name (I was once on an employer-paid Sprint phone) but my attempt at the kickstart plan caused the creation of a Sprint account.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 5:24 pm

By new account Sprint means actually being a new customer with your SSN tied to the account. If you've accidentally created a Sprint account, as long as you have no lines (just an empty account number), you're "new" also and qualify for the new account promos.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver

I am on the plan and I love it
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:12 pm

Since this has been around for a while now, can anyone elaborate on any roaming experiences?

My 1 year free is almost up and will be changing over to the current $25/mo Kickstart in a few days, but recall only free roaming (2G data) is included with no buy up option to high-speed data on this plan. This would mean you're stuck on slow data roaming anywhere except in Japan where Sprint has free and unlimited data on SoftBank at LTE speeds.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Since this has been around for a while now, can anyone elaborate on any roaming experiences?

My 1 year free is almost up and will be changing over to the current $25/mo Kickstart in a few days, but recall only free roaming (2G data) is included with no buy up option to high-speed data on this plan. This would mean you're stuck on slow data roaming anywhere except in Japan where Sprint has free and unlimited data on SoftBank at LTE speeds.
Remember that the $25/mo plan requires a port-in.

I am still on the free plan, just used it in China. They offered high speed data for $10/day, IIRC $50/week--I stayed with the free data. Fine for e-mail, it loaded web pages very slow, Google Maps was very slow. (I had a VPN, it would load.)
Old Nov 26, 2018, 1:34 pm

I've read apparently sometimes as of late the $25 Kickstart has been given as a retention offer. Hope it's still around when my 1 year free is up also.

And yes, I also found the free roaming 2G data unusable. But then again roaming prices have come down so much now it's almost always worth buying up to fast data.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.