Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LG V35 Dual SIM and Project Fi

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2018, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

LG V35 Dual SIM and Project Fi

I see that the LG V35 has been approved for Project Fi. I also see that there is a dual SIM model. Anyone think there is a chance that the Dual SIM version will work with Fi?
Old Jun 4, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: SkyTean, Star Alliance, HHonors
I was curious so I took a look around & didn't see anything one way or another.

I know there are quite a few 'non-Fi' phones that people have gotten to work with Fi. I don't think it will take too long after release to find forum posts and articles from people trying to get the dual-SIM version to work on Fi

I did see that there have been some Pixel 2 users who have gotten their phones to work like dual-SIM phones. Since they come from Google set up via an eSIM, the SIM card slot is left empty. So you can put a physical SIM card in and switch via an app. The issue with that, though, is it's one or the other - you can't receive calls on both numbers at the same time. But they were saying that when choosing the physical SIM they could still get Fi calls and texts via the Hangouts app. There's a few threads on Reddit about this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 2:40 pm

Moto X4 has a dual sim non-US version which is not supported by Project Fi (unsupported TMo only). Very low chance if the LG V35 dual sim is non-US model.
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-X4...M/td-p/3848781
https://productforums.google.com/for...rum/project-fi

Snipped

Project Fi works with the following phone models:

• LG G7 ThinQ (Unlocked North American versions sold by retailers)
  • LG V35 ThinQ (Unlocked North American versions sold by retailers)
  • Moto G6 (Unlocked North American versions sold by retailers)
  • Android One Moto X4 (North American versions)

Unsupported models

Project Fi does not work with the following phone models:

• LG V35 ThinQ (Versions sold by other carriers)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.