Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Help, please travelpass problems

Old Apr 26, 18, 9:22 am
Original Poster

I am in London and are trying to use it. I cannot seem to get an internet connection, just the signal that I am not online. I hate paying for this and having to use free WiFi in the stores. I have a disability and the point of paying was to have access to others if I need help, plus I can only use a paper map.
Old Apr 26, 18, 9:43 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Call Verizon Global Support at +1 908-559-4899 from your phone.

From the UK, you can also call toll-free by dialing 00 800-50050099 from a landline phone.
Old Apr 26, 18, 9:57 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
I had a similar issue in Portugal in 2016. Voice and text messaging worked perfectly, but data was problematic. Several apps that I frequently use, including Gmail, did not work. Google Maps loaded, but did not provide directions and Uber only sporadically loaded the maps. Verizon Global Support representative blamed the problems on the local network operator. He instructed me to manually select another network, however, that did not work initially and he had to reset the network setting on his ends before the problem was solved.

Then, the next week, I had a similar issue in Paris. When connected to Bouygues, several apps including the directions in Google Maps didn't work and some displayed a "no internet connection" message. When I manually switched to Orange, everything worked just as it does at home.

Another option is to download maps in Google Maps for offline use or install an offline map app such as Galileo.
Old May 2, 18, 7:40 am

Programs: Delta Plat, HH Gold
Throttling

Part of the problem may be that they throttle data daily. There's a long thread from many of us discontent about it (especially since they never mentioned it when we called!). Good luck!

Verizon Travelpass - $5/day or $10/day -use existing data/voice/plan in 140 countries
Old May 2, 18, 9:57 am

I've used it in London without problems. Have you tried turning your phone completely off, then back on? That's worked for me before. Also, make sure that data roaming is enabled on your phone.
Old May 7, 18, 8:51 pm

Looks like data roaming is OFF.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: