Wiki Posts
Search

T Mbile - mooving SIm from phone to hotspot

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2018, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Independent
T Mbile - mooving SIm from phone to hotspot

So I managed to get my hands on an unlocked AT&T Unite hotspot. I currently have T Mobile Simple Choice with Data, though I was never able to get my Lg G3 to tether.

Since I don't really use the phone much, I wanted to simply switch the sim card to the hotspot. Can I do that - will it work? Do I need to do any fixes/changes?
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:30 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Can't say directly, but I had an extra T-mobile SIM from a promo a year or so ago (just pay ~ $4/mo taxes) and I put it in my iPad Pro and it works fine for data. Can't receive or make calls "natively," though.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 11:45 am

I know that you could actually use a T-mobile data sim in a T-mobile phone. You get the data but not the phone. What you are asking is the other way around.. I guess it will work.. never tried it.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Independent
I just did, and it works beautifully, In fact I am not financially worried - this is far faster than anything else I have used or have currently. This might cost me a fortune.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Cloudship
I just did, and it works beautifully, In fact I am not financially worried - this is far faster than anything else I have used or have currently. This might cost me a fortune.
How much is your data and how much do you use? Tmobile data at my house is over 50Mb per sec.. almost as fast as my charter internet which is 60Mb per sec.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:45 pm

I've considered that with my LTE Surface. I've thought about upgrading it to the One Plus International my hotspot SIM to that plan. I

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.