Wiki Posts
Search

Help with Facebook business page

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Help with Facebook business page

I'm posting this on the slim chance someone here can help.

Starting about three weeks ago, the desktop version of my business page quit working. When I write something, the options to add a picture and schedule the post (a feature I use a lot) are missing. The only button is POST, but it doesn't work. I can post on my phone and tablet, but it's a pain; and the mobile version doesn't have some functions. Once a post is scheduled, I can't edit it on the laptop or phone. The Help button in the upper right doesn't work.

It's not my computer. The other administrator, who has a different computer with a different operating system, has the same problems. I've tried three browsers and cleared the browser history and cache--twice--to no avail. No ad blocker on Facebook. Time and calendar on the computer are correct.

I've Googled extensively, but searches don't provide an answer. Clicking "Ask the Community" and "Ask a Question" on Facebook so-called help sites takes me to my page. I did find a place on the mobile version to email problems to Facebook, and I sent an email with a screen shot. Got the notice that Facebook doesn't reply to individual requests for support.

I'm frustrated with Facebook and its nonexistent support. If this were a personal page, I'd just delete it, but I need it for my writers conference. Does anyone know what I can do to get my desktop version back?

Last edited by linsj; Jul 5, 2017 at 7:06 am
Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:14 am
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Moving this to Travel Technology so the OP may receive a quicker response.

essxjay, the OMNIs co-mod
Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by linsj
I'm posting this on the slim chance someone here can help.

Starting about three weeks ago, the desktop version of my business page quit working. When I write something, the options to add a picture and schedule the post (a feature I use a lot) are missing. The only button is POST, but it doesn't work. I can post on my phone and tablet, but it's a pain; and the mobile version doesn't have some functions. Once a post is scheduled, I can't edit it on the laptop or phone. The Help button in the upper right doesn't work.

It's not my computer. The other administrator, who has a different computer with a different operating system, has the same problems. I've tried three browsers and cleared the browser history and cache--twice--to no avail. No ad blocker on Facebook. Time and calendar on the computer are correct.

I've Googled extensively, but searches don't provide an answer. Clicking "Ask the Community" and "Ask a Question" on Facebook so-called help sites takes me to my page. I did find a place on the mobile version to email problems to Facebook, and I sent an email with a screen shot. Got the notice that Facebook doesn't reply to individual requests for support.

I'm frustrated with Facebook and its nonexistent support. If this were a personal page, I'd just delete it, but I need it for my writers conference. Does anyone know what I can do to get my desktop version back?

I had this happen for an African Safari Lodge page that I help maintain. I found out that an a ad-block app called Ghostery that I was using was all of a sudden thinking the FB page options for adding or scheduling a post was an ad and blocked those options.

I know you mentioned that you cleaned everything, but is there a chance you have a bit of malware running? have you run any anti-virus tools? I agree, FB support is pathetic.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
I had this happen for an African Safari Lodge page that I help maintain. I found out that an a ad-block app called Ghostery that I was using was all of a sudden thinking the FB page options for adding or scheduling a post was an ad and blocked those options.

I know you mentioned that you cleaned everything, but is there a chance you have a bit of malware running? have you run any anti-virus tools? I agree, FB support is pathetic.
It's somehow a relief that this has happened to other people. Antivirus and Malwarebytes run daily on my computer, and it's clean.

FB support is less than pathetic; it's nonexistent.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 12:44 pm

I'm on the desktop view, using the latest Chrome on Windows 10 (with some plugins that block things I don't like running as well as Social Fixer and Grammarly).

I'm on my page and I clicked on the Posts on the left hand side and when I go to post I see this.

I also have these options from the main page page where it says Write Something.

I also have this under Publishing Tools

Are these the features you are missing?
Old Jul 5, 2017, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gj83
Are these the features you are missing?
Yes to the first one. Yes to the second one, but it has the top row of choices (status, etc.) although clicking on the options doesn't work. Only Post button at the bottom of the draft, and it doesn't work either.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

I posted this problem in another forum and two people responded who had the same problem. The desktop version doesn't function because this business account is not linked to a personal account. It's a mystery why the mobile version (still) functions.

As much as I hate FB and will not post on a personal profile, I'm resigned to having to open one. But searching doesn't reveal how to link an existing business account to a new personal account with all the changes in the program over the past 2-3 years--only people asking the same question with no replies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.