Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Any long term expiration (credit & sim) with normal US number?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any long term expiration (credit & sim) with normal US number?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2022, 4:01 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Autocorrect, I bet

Adding insult to injury, these Tracfone ebay deals include a (decent) phone: https://www.ebay.com/itm/284275768277.. This would be perfect if Tracfone would be a company with decent service and straightforward to deal with, which they unfortunately are not.
Someone on another forum summed it up very well: For what is basically a very simple service concept, Tracfone has a myriad of rules and policies that can be hard to navigate if you want to keep your costs the lowest possible, and your options (like phone unlocking) available.

As I need Verizon service where I go (all others have no or very limited coverage in the area), I`m watching this from the sidelines and I guess we'll see.
TGarza likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 10:54 am

I am watching from the sidelines to see if Tracfone follows the Nov 23, 2021 activation unlocking policy of 60 days of continuous service which prior to the date is 1 year continuous service with Tracfone at times still refusing to unlock the phones.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 11:33 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by TGarza
I am waiting to see how committed Verizon is to the required unlocking policy for TracFone. Verizon received permission to lock post paid phones for 60 days even with the spectrum restriction against unlocked phones using the excuse as theft deterrent.
Tracfone is following the same 60 day rule for devices on the Verizon network (which is NOT all Tracfone devices) activated since late November.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.