Reload this Page >

ATT unlimited data & international day pass ?'s

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ATT unlimited data & international day pass ?'s

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by Need
Interesting. Site still not working for me.
+1
Old Mar 2, 2017, 10:36 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Need
Interesting. Site still not working for me. I will check it in the afternoon to see if they fixed it. Probably not going to switch to unlimited anyway as now I ported out 5 lines... 30GB is enough for the rest. It is cheaper to pay $15 per line instead of $20. I already have both Canada and Mexico roaming grandfathered it so going unlimited doesn't gain much.
if I try to check out the price is correct aka bad.

Fdw
Old Mar 2, 2017, 12:21 pm

Website is working now. Confirmed NO FAN discount on the new plan.
Side by Side compare
Old Plan: $32.50 discount
New Plan: <blank>
Old Mar 2, 2017, 2:30 pm

Location: Cupertino, CA - AA:PLT 2MM; Marriott:Plt; Hilton:Slv
Originally Posted by dmbolp
Which plan qualifies for international unlimited data?
No new ones that I'm aware of, sadly. That's why I keep it...will have to pry it out of my cold dead hands.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by gwade
No new ones that I'm aware of, sadly. That's why I keep it...will have to pry it out of my cold dead hands.
So I've had the grandfathered unlimited data plan for 8+ years, do all old grandfathered plans have unlimited international data, or did you have to add it at some point?
Old Mar 3, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
So I've had the grandfathered unlimited data plan for 8+ years, do all old grandfathered plans have unlimited international data[?] ...,
No.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 7:06 pm

Location: Cupertino, CA - AA:PLT 2MM; Marriott:Plt; Hilton:Slv
So I've had the grandfathered unlimited data plan for 8+ years, do all old grandfathered plans have unlimited international data, or did you have to add it at some point?
You had to have had it originally, it was priced at $65 bucks when the domestic plan was typically $30.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 5:42 pm

I have 3 lines sharing a FamilyTalk 550 minute/month plan, unlimited text, grandfathered unlimited data on 2 of the phones, $25/month for 2 iPhones, and I pay $267/month.

Why am I sticking with the grandfathered data plan and old FamilyTalk plan?
Gave up grandfathered unlimited plan today (the 2 phones with unlimited were averaging 3 and 7 gigs), now have unlimited on 3 phones, unlimited text and unlimited talk (was at 550), and switched from credit card payment to debit card. 2 ipads also now have unlimited data.

For International I put the $10/day on my phone (20 days in Europe) and put my wife on the $40 for 30 days of text and some data.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 5:15 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Does the international day pass for $10 apply to mobile hotspot devices? If so is there really no data limit? I.e. can I bring along my mobile hotspot and pump out a wifi signal to support my iPhones with wifi calling?

anyone with any experience?
fdw
Old Mar 19, 2017, 5:58 pm

Programs: DL: PM, Marriott: Gold, Hilton: Gold
Has anyone been able to confirm that the International Day pass allows Mobile Hotspot? I'm currently on a MobileShare plan and have a 2 week trip coming up to France/Germany. I've used the old model before where I have my phone on the $$$ international plan and then rent a MiFi type device for all my data needs. This seems like I'd be better off to just add Day Pass to my phone and then using HotSpot I can just connect my laptop and iPad thru the phone so I only need to have one device on the Day Pass. I can't find anything specific on the AT&T site that speaks of this one way or the other and history tells me that if it's not specifically allowed, it typically is not included.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 5:37 pm

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by donsullivan
Has anyone been able to confirm that the International Day pass allows Mobile Hotspot?
Yes. I successfully connected my laptop and my iPad through my phone in Spain last week while using the Day Pass.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 10:33 pm

The way the Intl Day Pass is being presented, is that you get to use your plan exactly like you would at home. I would expect tethering to work, and glad to know it does.

Originally Posted by doglover
Yes. I successfully connected my laptop and my iPad through my phone in Spain last week while using the Day Pass.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 5:17 am

Programs: AA LT plat; Delta Gold; Marriott LT titanium; Hilton Silver
Same here in February in the Caribbean. Worked well.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: DL: PM, Marriott: Gold, Hilton: Gold
Awesome, thanks. You never know with AT&T. History has taught me to be cautious on things that are not specifically written down somewhere. That will certainly make it a whole lot easier for international travel.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:35 pm

I gave up my grandfathered domestic unlimited plan for a shared unlimited and so far, so good. One thing that really got me was that the plan says unlimited will carry to Mexico and Canada which really does me a lot of good and will save a few hundred a year (or being in Canada for short trips with only wi-fi when I don't want to pay).

Cost for three phones is about the same now that I lost the FAN discount, but no more overages on the other phones on my plan. Not all of us are good at managing data.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.