Reload this Page >

TMO New Unlimited Data Program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TMO New Unlimited Data Program

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2016, 8:29 am

Had to add this - there's a good German table tennis player at the Olympics named Timo Boll:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timo_Boll
Old Aug 21, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
I am keeping one of my T-Mo prepaid line, $30/mo with unlimited data ... really, it's 5GB of 4G LTE data/ excess is throttled - and 100 air-time minutes plus SMS - on an unlocked Nexus device, tethering not blocked (use it when out of faster/stronger/better WiFi signal range) - use it to forward calls to Hangouts but do make those occasional domestic (USA) cellular calls but stay within the allowance, mostly.

Now, if Project Fi would price match it
Old Aug 21, 2016, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by wco81
Check your accounts.

On the T-Mobile app. on my iPhone, it says my data is unlimited. It's suppose to be 3 GB a month with about 8.5 GB data stash.

Hope it's just an error in the app.
I forget. How do u get data stash? Which plan level? I don't have it. I only have the 2GB $50 second line $30 third and fourth $10. Totaling $100.

It shows lowest plan to get stash is 6GB but you have it on a3GB plan? Was that a even older plan?

http://www.t-mobile.com/offer/data-stash-data-roll.html
Old Aug 21, 2016, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Data Stash (and Binge On) are valid on 3GB data plans and higher.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by dtsm
I'm in total agreement. For the past 10 years we've had a family plan with 4-lines, currently including 3 lines each with 2.5.gb of data, 1 with unlimited data, calling abroad from USA (TMO stateside international promo for $10/account), and 2 cellular data for iPads with limited of 200 mb/month. Total bill with tax $150.
What is the name of your plan? I might look into switching to it. My current plan is only limited to five lines.

And, FYI, if you ever switch to another plan, your Stateside International promo rate disappears.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
What is the name of your plan? I might look into switching to it. My current plan is only limited to five lines.
My plan is technically now called the Simple Choice plan, back when I first signed up it was the family plan. Number of lines determined by how long and payment history (makes no sense to me!) and last time I checked, i could add up to 3 more lines for $10 each.

I did speak with TMO CS this morning and confirmed current existing plan is grandfathered as long as I don't make any changes to it. And it's no longer available to new users, sorry!
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dtsm

I did speak with TMO CS this morning and confirmed current existing plan is grandfathered as long as I don't make any changes to it. And it's no longer available to new users, sorry!
Crap, I have 8 lines on my family plan. I will need to add 2 more lines next year. I tried to add more lines today, however, it ask me to change to another plan. No way.

edit: I was able to call and get the CS to add more lines without changing the family plan.

Last edited by 9Benua; Aug 22, 2016 at 9:56 am
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 9Benua
Crap, I have 8 lines on my family plan. I will need to add 2 more lines next year. I tried to add more lines today, however, it ask me to change to another plan. No way.
What? They're already not allowing us to add additional lines to existing plans???
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:23 am
Suspended

Data and phone plans in the US are extremely overpriced. Probably related to the oligopoly of carriers.
I just checked the "Unlimited Everything" plan in Holland with T-Mobile.nl You can get it for €105 per month.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by RedElmo
What? They're already not allowing us to add additional lines to existing plans???
You can't do it online. It's asking you to change the family plan. , however you still can call in and get the CS to add more lines for you. I just did that.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:31 am
Suspended

I just checked the UK too. Unlimited calling, texting, and 4GB is £19.79 a month.

Last edited by Dieuwer; Aug 22, 2016 at 10:40 am
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:39 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
I just checked the UK too. Unlimited calling, texting, and 4GB is £19.79 a month.
What does the cost of cell phone plans in other countries have to do with T-Mobile US?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IslesFan
What does the cost of cell phone plans in other countries have to do with T-Mobile US?
Stating the fact that they are ripping us off in the US. It's supply and demand. Americans demand it. People rather buy a new iPhone than put food on the table.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
For what it's worth, the cost per GB has gone down in the US. I remember a couple of years ago when it was still $10/GB in the US across all four major carriers (Australia was ~$5/GB in comparison); Verizon's XL plan for instance now works out to $5/GB for one line.

The downside of course is that it's still pretty expensive if you don't need much data.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
My current T-mobile plans add up to $3/GB/line.

Most months, I don't use anywhere near that, but when I need it, I really, really need the higher limit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.