Wiki Posts
Search

Zolt Laptop Charger Plus

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2016, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus and a bunch of hotel programs
Zolt Laptop Charger Plus

I've searched this forum, and while there is one discussion thread where the Zolt Laptop Charger Plus (gozolt.com) is referenced, no one had actually used the device. I'm hoping some folks have now used it and can give feedback.

I'm interested in the Zolt for two reasons: (1) it would substitute for the large, heavy power brick for either my work computer (a Dell) or slightly smaller, but still annoying to me, power brick for my personal computer (a Mac, if I purchased the separate Mac specific cable); (2) I could also leave my Anker portable charger at home and charge my iPad and iPhone with it. All of that makes the price worthwhile to me. (Your mileage, of course, may vary.)

Anyone have experience with the Zolt? Thanks in advance for your input.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold
I've got one but really haven't had a chance to use it. A couple of things I noticed right away is the cord seems short. Its 6ft which I thought sounded long but does feel short. I contacted the company and they did say they are looking into offering a longer cord.

I'm not thrilled with the power cord plugging into the side of the charger. Seems like it would get in the way if plugged into a power strip. The charger does rotate 90 degrees to help with the issue.

I think these are pretty minor issues and shouldn't stop you from considering. I have a trip in a few weeks and will test it out. I love that I can charge additional devices and not carry another charger
Old Feb 3, 2016, 10:34 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
The comparison is always against http://www2.fsplifestyle.com/home/pr...Key=P161000029, the Zolt is 93mm * 34 * 34 , the Twinkle is 71 x 49 x 24mm -- so the Zolt is bigger but in one dimension, however, if you add the Aukey 12W super small USB charger then the space used roughly evens out and you need one less power port which is always handy. I might try the Zolt... thanks for pointing out it is now available.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus and a bunch of hotel programs
Available... but it is on an 8-10 week backorder. I've placed an order -- no charge to the credit card until the item ships -- so we'll see.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 9:07 am

I have the zolt, works well. The cable does feel short but I was used to the extra long apple extension. I turn the zolt so it doesn't interfere with other plugs on the power strip.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 10:54 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
I have had the Twinkle 65 for almost two years although my daily usage has now been reduced to semi-weekly since I got a hybrid tablet/laptop that can be charged via USB. The power cord is longer but very thin, which reduces weight but also leads to that "kinky" feeling you get with some electrical cords that makes you think it's not going to last. I haven't had that issue nor have I seen this reported by other users.

It's half the cost of the Zolt on Amazon and has worked well for me with HP, Toshiba, Samsung, and Lenovo laptops, but I've read consumer reviews stating that it doesn't play nice with Dell computers (reports of "plugged in, not charging" from the battery charging icon in the taskbar). Although I can recommend the Twinkle for most uses and actually like using a separate Anker charger because I prefer a setup that allows my phones to be plugged in and placed on a nightstand or desk rather than on the floor near an electrical outlet (not an issue in many hotels where outlets are placed on or around a desk), I think you're better off with the Zolt.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 12:13 pm

I love my Zolt (using it now), but I wish the chord was a wee bit longer. It beats the standard Mac charger by a long shot. Zolt has a nice form factor and it's easy as far as portability. Definitely recommend it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.