Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1 TB SSD Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nkedel

SanDisk has quite a number of different lines of drives; the Ultra II and Extreme Pro both use modern Marvell controllers and their own (joint venture with Toshiba) flash. I haven't used them, but anecdotally they're quite good, and the Crucial drives using the same controllers (but different firmware, and Micron flash) are my usual preference these days.

I bought the SanDisk from Amazon. I figured that for $200, it's worth a shot. It will probably take me a few more days to install it. I have Acronis. Do you think running Disk Clone is okay?

Originally Posted by nkedel
(Pure vanity, although this may help my bona fides.)
Hey, some people lick envelopes for a living.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Originally Posted by Aileron
I bought the SanDisk from Amazon. I figured that for $200, it's worth a shot.
The Ultra II 960gb? If so, I think that's a great deal, and a good drive.

(They have a cheaper line, "SSD Plus" but I don't think that goes up to 960gb/1TB -- I can't find any indication of whose controller that one uses nor any detailed reviews, and would recommend against it just as a bit of an unknown.)

It will probably take me a few more days to install it. I have Acronis. Do you think running Disk Clone is okay?
Yes, I'd expect cloning with a recent-ish version of Acronis or one of the other similar products should work fine.

(Versions predating Windows 7 coming out in 2009, definitely best avoided with SSDs; anything from 2011 or newer should work great, not sure about 2009 and 2010 versions.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.