Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to Get an Iphone Repaired After an Unauthorized Screen Replacement

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2015, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

How to Get an Iphone Repaired After an Unauthorized Screen Replacement

My daughter is having some problems with her out of warranty Iphone. She went to the Apple Store, which apparently will not fix it (even if she pays) because she had the screen replaced by an unauthorized screen replacement place.

First question - did she understand them correctly? If you have your screen replaced by some place in the mall, then Apple will never fix your Iphone is something goes wrong?

Second question - if Apple indeed won't fix it, are there other repair options?
Old Jun 29, 2015, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Aftermarket repairs void a warranty (if you still have one.) Most companies won't touch something with aftermarket repairs as they don't want the liability of the customer saying "It was working just fine before I sent it in, and now it isn't." It is easier to just say no to any device that has aftermarket/unauthorised repairs. (We did this when I was in the wireless industry.)

The other repair options would be an authorised Apple repair location.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 8:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Drive over it?

Oh wait...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.