Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UK SIM cards: beware of Three!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2015, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
Why is it nonsense that there are different plans for mobile and tablet? Makes sense to me and it's been the case for quite a while.
What's the difference between a tablet (that has a mobile modem in it) and a phone? Beyond half an inch in screen size or so. Answer: absolutely nothing. I have used my phone with a data only plan and my tablet with a phone plan and not surprisingly both work well.

Last edited by chx1975; Jan 20, 2015 at 4:07 pm
Old Jan 21, 2015, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by chx1975
What's the difference between a tablet (that has a mobile modem in it) and a phone? Beyond half an inch in screen size or so. Answer: absolutely nothing. I have used my phone with a data only plan and my tablet with a phone plan and not surprisingly both work well.
As a general rule, most people consume far more data on tablets. Unlimited plans exist by using statistical averages. I have NO issue with restricting what devices unlimited plans can be used on.

Now, metered plans, that's another story. I'm paying for X GB, I should be able to use X GB wherever because there's no statistical model here guessing what I'm likely to use and charging me based on that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.