Time zone confusion with iCal/Apple Calendar

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Time zone confusion with iCal/Apple Calendar

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2016, 3:16 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
I've found this issue to cause such confusion for me that I've taken to manually adding the departure and arrival times to the name of the event so that I can be sure of the correct times regardless of what iCal does in messing with the time zones. So on boberonicus' example in #14--since I don't have TripIt--I'd change the name of the event to "UA936 EWR to SFO, 3:29-10:04 pm." Low tech workaround, to be sure, but it's helped me many a time.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by mglvrug
So on boberonicus' example in #14--since I don't have TripIt--I'd change the name of the event to "UA936 EWR to SFO, 3:29-10:04 pm." Low tech workaround, to be sure, but it's helped me many a time.
Well what you're doing is all that Tripit's doing. The stuff I highlighted is just in the notes of the reservation.
Old May 7, 2022, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat
iCal is crazy wrong

Okay gurus. Riddle me this: UA flight next week on May 10th is showing up in iCal as a potential flight (checkered background) on May 11th. And the time singular is wrong! The flight is 1:22 - 2:56 local time (PDT). I'm in EDT so it's converted just the first time resulting in a flight from 4:22 - 2:56!!! Right PNR, wrong time, wrong day. It's pulling data from Mail.app bc it says "show in mail" as a hyperlink. The email it's referring to has the correct date and time obviously. I also confirmed as much on .bomb since this is a positioning flight for a big intl trip! So pardon my french but ...? This is a big deal. People can (and have) missed weddings, funerals, etc. bc they rely on their calendar software.

Flight: UA 2041 from SFO to SAN San Francisco International Airport
San Francisco, CA 94128, United States
May 11, 2022 4:22-2:56
Reservation Number: XXXXXX
Also, there's a ghost segment "Flight: UA 754 from MSP to ORD" as a potential fight. Same PNR, same email, obviously I'm not connecting thru MSP to get to SAN, there's no other UA754 in my PNR either. So what's the deal with that???
Old May 8, 2022, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sexykitten7
So what's the deal with that???
I stopped having iCal pull from my emails. It’s an extra step, but I use the Add to Calendar link from the app. It seems to be less mercurial. YMMV

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.