Anyone Else Excited About Intel Core M?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone Else Excited About Intel Core M?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2014, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Core M (formerly known as Broadwell) is great for the thin and light toys, but looks like it will just be a modest bump and modest cut in battery life in power for the performance-oriented end of the market (like most of their "tock" processors; this is mostly just a die shrink of Haswell.)

When I can get a 6-core processor in a laptop (at all, or a 6-core desktop where the processor isn't a 120W+ space heater), and 32gb of RAM in a laptop that weighs less than the still-boat-anchor like Lenovo W540, then I'll be impressed.

Skylake, the next "tick" will be bigger at the performance end of the market; DDR4 (and thus 16gb SO-DIMMs, albeit super-pricy at first) is pretty well a given as that's showing up in the Haswell/Broadwell server and workstation chips now.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro

Shut up and take my money!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.