Taming the unruly Macbook power cord

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Taming the unruly Macbook power cord

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2014, 9:10 pm
Community Director Emerita

I'm another one who takes the power brick without the extension cord. I've been traveling with a MacAir for several years now, about as soon as it was introduced. I haven't missed the extension cord yet.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Silver
Dex08 - is that the 45 watt Macbook Air brick or do you have one of the bigger MacBooks?

I actually like the original design a little better as it looks like it would keep the adapter cooler and might stress the cords less.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by lostinohio
Dex08 - is that the 45 watt Macbook Air brick or do you have one of the bigger MacBooks?

I actually like the original design a little better as it looks like it would keep the adapter cooler and might stress the cords less.
Mine is a larger 60 watt brick. I much prefer the old design too!

The Powercurl holds up well! I've had this for over 3 years!
Old Jul 12, 2014, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
I also never carry the extension cord. Even my 15" MacBook Pro Retina gets ~7 hours of battery, and I rarely find myself without access to an outlet for that long, let alone an outlet that can't be reached without the extra six feet of cord.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 3:37 pm

I backed the FINSix Dart - I think they will ship later this year:

http://finsix.com/dart/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.