Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prepaid sim - Cambodia

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2013, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Prepaid sim - Cambodia

Visiting both PP n SR next month for one week duration. On another forum, someone suggested a "Hello card", $5USD for a month. Free 30mins of call to same netword. 600MB of data usage.

Any other suggestions for both data and voice card. Understand there are numerous kiosks ate the airport.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 7:18 am

There are a number of Kiosks at the airport. I bought a Bealine SIM last year. Calls to the UK (landline) and the US were charged at the same rate as local calls. I also got tons of data.

Their current promo includes 30 days of data (cell modem not just on device) for $10. They are calling it GPRS but when I was there, it was HSPA.

http://www.beeline.com.kh/services/mobile-internet/
Old Jun 27, 2013, 7:55 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Last year, I had the Hello card and the Beeline. In Phnom Penh, data speeds on Hello were much faster.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 7:17 pm

About three weeks ago, I grabbed a Metfone Sim off a random person selling them at the border from Vietnam. It was 4G, cheap, and certainly fast enough for my purposes in Phnom Penh. I'm not sure about rural connectivity or Siem Reap, though.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Originally Posted by dtsm
Visiting both PP n SR next month for one week duration. On another forum, someone suggested a "Hello card", $5USD for a month. Free 30mins of call to same netword. 600MB of data usage.

Any other suggestions for both data and voice card. Understand there are numerous kiosks ate the airport.
When my wife and I went to Siem Reap, we got a "Beeline" card for each of our phones. Mine phone had data, hers didn't. $5 sounds about right for both, didn't end up needing to top up in 4-5 days there. Voice coverage was fine in town and around the hotel, spotty but mostly OK around the temple complexes.

My phone at the time was EDGE-only, and slow as heck, so can't comment on data speeds.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by Dubai Stu
There are a number of Kiosks at the airport. I bought a Bealine SIM last year. Calls to the UK (landline) and the US were charged at the same rate as local calls. I also got tons of data.

Their current promo includes 30 days of data (cell modem not just on device) for $10. They are calling it GPRS but when I was there, it was HSPA.

http://www.beeline.com.kh/services/mobile-internet/
I think you have to go to Beeline's site and register for cheap overseas calls. I had to anyway.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

My Siem Reap hotel suggested Mobitel but upon arrival in phnom penh could only find smart, beeline and met done kiosks. So $2 for SIM card, $5 for voice, and $5 for 2gb data and Mobitel set up on backup 3G iPhone running 3G speed.

First two days good service. Lots of local calls to confirm appointments, get directions for driver and of course accessing emails. Hope it works in SR....
Old Nov 2, 2015, 10:41 pm

Programs: OWS,E+,A3Gold,TK+
SMART sim card is brilliant they hand them out at airport but better to get 4g sim from shop for 5USD

http://www.smart.com.kh/plans/prepaid/traveller-sim

Traveller SIM – USD 5 SIM
$5 Balance and 1.5gb free
2g/3g/4g
call wold from 4cent uk 7c
SurfLikeCrazy Data Subscription
4gb / 5USD 30day Validity
8.5gb /10USD
13GB /15USD
25GB /25USD
Old Dec 26, 2017, 9:06 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Any recent experience? Arriving at REP first then heading to Vietnam. Would like just one sim... Metfone looks to be owned by Viettel and has low roaming rates in Vietnam ($0.01/MB)

Thanks
FDW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.