Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Apple MagSafe Airline (EmPower) Adapters - does anywhere in London stock them?!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2013, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Blue, VS Flying Club

Trying to source one of these for next week, and it seems like they've disappeared off the face of the planet.

Both the White City and Regent Street stores in London say that they don't have stock, and that they haven't held stock for a while, and they're not even on the Apple UK web-store.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of one from? I've been recommended to places like Dixons etc. at LHR but I'd guess they'd charge more?

Last edited by CraigWatson; Jun 7, 2013 at 3:26 am
Old Jun 7, 2013, 8:40 am

It's a long-shot but try Curry's PC World. Dixons is a good option in LHR. As far as pricing goes, LHR shops are supposed to be 'mall/street' pricing so you shouldn't be any worse off if they have it.

Have you looked at Amazon.co.uk ? They have an amazing distribution network in London central. As a prime member (Business) I've ordered a ton through there and gotten items next day for free vs here in the US where it's 2-day.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by CraigWatson
Trying to source one of these for next week, and it seems like they've disappeared off the face of the planet.
if only they would disappear. the apple magsafe airline adapter is a piece of junk. it doesn't charge the macbook. it just provides power to run it, but as it turns out even that is not sufficient and the battery drains anyway, just a bit slower.

get one of the offbrand magsafe adapters from ebay or amazon. not only are they less expensive than the apple airline adapter, but they actually charge the computer and can also work in a car or boat (apple's only works in planes). just be sure to get the 60w version so as to not overload the airline power port.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.