Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

[Consolidated]: Luggage Tracking Solutions (was: Trakdot to help you track your...)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Consolidated]: Luggage Tracking Solutions (was: Trakdot to help you track your...)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I'm with you, but I still need a tracking solution so I'll see what this replacement device can do. I think it was foolhardy for Trakdot to have offered lifetime service (I bought it too for clarity sake) when they knew they were dependant on 2G tech that was already being decommissioned and removed globally bits and pieces.
Old May 30, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: Alaska MM, AA MM, BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Has anyone heard/ordered the Traccom product that Trakdot sent the e-mail on? I asked for information on the site shortly after getting the e-mail and have heard nothing. Thanks!!
Old May 30, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: AA Gold
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/t...ck-lock-text#/

just saw this on a FB advertisement today.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 2:10 pm

Post Tumi Global Locator Discontinued

Hey everyone,

At the end of this last year, I got an email stating that Tumi was shutting down service on their Global Locator product. I had used this product pretty religiously throughout my travels. While it had a few quirks it tended to get the job done and the battery life held up exceptionally well. I am certainly sad to see it go but I am looking to invest in a new tracking solution. I may hold off however, as I have heard the rumors that Apple intends to come out with its own “tile” like product which can be located using the Bluetooth from most existing iPhones. Ideally though, I would like to find another cellular solution and possibly even one which has GPS as well. So far in my search I have found only a couple options:
  • Gego Luggage Tracker
  • LugLoc
The others which I found look either non-functional or discontinued:
  • Smart Unit Waldo
  • Louis Vuitton Echo
  • TrackDot
Since the last post on this thread is from mid-2019 and technology (including 5G) moves pretty fast, I figured I would ask the community if they had any recommendations or reviews in terms of these luggage tracking devices. Thanks in advance for your posts!
Old Apr 22, 2020, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by WrightBro
Hey everyone,

At the end of this last year, I got an email stating that Tumi was shutting down service on their Global Locator product. I had used this product pretty religiously throughout my travels. While it had a few quirks it tended to get the job done and the battery life held up exceptionally well. I am certainly sad to see it go but I am looking to invest in a new tracking solution. I may hold off however, as I have heard the rumors that Apple intends to come out with its own “tile” like product which can be located using the Bluetooth from most existing iPhones. Ideally though, I would like to find another cellular solution and possibly even one which has GPS as well. So far in my search I have found only a couple options:
  • Gego Luggage Tracker
  • LugLoc
The others which I found look either non-functional or discontinued:
  • Smart Unit Waldo
  • Louis Vuitton Echo
  • TrackDot
Since the last post on this thread is from mid-2019 and technology (including 5G) moves pretty fast, I figured I would ask the community if they had any recommendations or reviews in terms of these luggage tracking devices. Thanks in advance for your posts!
What do you think of this?

https://myprimetracking.com/
Old Apr 22, 2020, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fredman
What do you think of this?

https://myprimetracking.com/
Service is expensive and limited to North America.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 3:39 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel
Service is expensive and limited to North America.
also, it's like leaving your mobile phone on during a flight - it even says "don't use on an airplane" apparently !
Old Apr 24, 2020, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by fartoomanyusers
also, it's like leaving your mobile phone on during a flight - it even says "don't use on an airplane" apparently !
Well said.But someone still turns on the phone while flying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.