AT &T Data speed by location:

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond. American Airlines Platinum, Mariott: Gold. Delta: Gold

Phone HTC ONE x

Test: Speedtest

10/10/12 Manchester Connecticut: 1.84 mbs up, .40mbs down.

10/1/12 Indianopolis IN: 8.92mbs up, 6.62 mbs down

10/1/12 Charlotte NC: 14.77mbs up, 7.80mbs down.

9/30/12 Augusta GA: 14.57mbs up, 11.30 mbs down.

9/27/12 Atlanta Ga: 4.68mbs up, 9.73 mbs down

9/23/12 Sioux IA: 2.77mbs up. 1.01mbs down.

9/23/12 St Paul MN: 54.12mbs up. 16.42mbs down.

I will continue this as i go...i plan to recheck that over the top ST Paul speed next week from out in the city and the week after that i should have various results from all over Los Angeles to report.

So far from that i am seeing, the Verizon advertising depicting AT&T as having poor data speeds are way off. Look at the Augusta GA (might as well call it "BFE" speeds!!).

Mods please delete: This should have gone in the technology forum
Old Oct 11, 2012, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Those speeds look really good. When you're on the Internet loading pages is your phonee snappy? My AT&T Atrix absolutely sucks, like dial-up on valium.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond. American Airlines Platinum, Mariott: Gold. Delta: Gold
I downloaded 4 full albums on MOG from charlotte in about 5 minutes last week..... Pretty snappy and pages load quickly also. However on the "OTHER" side of Augusta i get a very poor 3g signal and right now in MN down town im not getting any where near those LTE speeds.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 5:58 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
I picked up an iPhone 5 and smoked through the 5gb limit in two days and was throttled and the phone was pretty much useless and my next billing cycle for the reset isn't for three weeks and I begged and even offered to pay and they won't release it.

My undoing was Spotify. When I moved to the new phone I had a bunch of music and I set it all to sync for offline use and didn't realize that I had it in HQ mode and didn't realize that it kept syncing after I left wifi. Both settings that could be adjusted and I missed, but cooked my 5gb limit in two days. Ugh.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 6:56 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
11/07/12 Frederick, MD (north of DC): 0.746mps up, 1.051mps down

AT&T has pretty good data coverage in the Baltimore area, but when I get out to Frederick, it stinks.

By the way - How are you getting upload speeds so much higher than your download speeds? I've never seen any kind of internet commection, be it dial-up, wireless, cable, DSL, or even wi-fi, that had higher upload speeds than download speeds.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 11:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by Allentown
So far from that i am seeing, the Verizon advertising depicting AT&T as having poor data speeds are way off. Look at the Augusta GA (might as well call it "BFE" speeds!!).
The pre-LTE speed claims from Verizon more or less went away when the iPhone 4S came out and the speedtest aggregators showed that AT&T was almost twice as fast on average than Verizon over a very large sample of actual users.

As far as LTE goes, I haven't read about the speed comparisons between AT&T and Verizon. What Verizon is claiming is that essentially their entire US network is LTE-capable as of now, whereas with AT&T, it's only available in limited areas. If you happen to be in an area that supports AT&T LTE, then it probably doesn't matter. In other areas, Verizon has an advantage if you have an LTE device (at least until AT&T upgrades that area).
Old Nov 8, 2012, 4:29 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
11/08/12 Timonium, MD (north of Baltimore): 1.040mps up, 7.330mps down

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.