Freedom Pop, "Free" mobile wireless

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Freedom Pop, "Free" mobile wireless

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2013, 8:14 am

Programs: Mariott Plat, *wood Plat, Hyatt Diamond, United 1K
If anyone wants data, I've got about a gig that I'm not using. PM me so that I can add you/share data with you.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 12:05 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by btravel112
If anyone wants data, I've got about a gig that I'm not using. PM me so that I can add you/share data with you.
Ah, nice use for this thread. I have a little less than a gig that expires on June 9 or 10. I'd prefer to share with established FT members only. PM me.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

so what are they charging now for photon and overdrive and what is the difference between them if you are just using the free 500MB ?

i like how they are harvesting email addresses to give you information.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 1, 2013 at 3:46 pm
Old Jun 17, 2013, 3:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
so what are they charging now for photon and overdrive and what is the difference between them if you are just using the free 500MB ?

i like how they are harvesting email addresses to give you information.
Depends, it appears they have a few sales going, so the price varies. With them JUST launching this and putting them on sale so heavily, it makes me wonder if the LTE one is coming sooner than thought, and that they're clearing these out.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 12:11 pm

Anyone need any data? I have a gig I haven't used that expires on the 9th or 10th. PM me.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 12:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by chgoeditor
Anyone need any data? I have a gig I haven't used that expires on the 9th or 10th. PM me.
I'll take some, if you don't mind. paincorp at gmail dot com
Old Jul 6, 2013, 3:47 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I bite the bullet and signed up for the device. I used a link from slickdeals for the overdrive pro for $19.99. I got charged for $39.99. Sent a few emails back and forth but they claim that promo is gone even though the link still works and even the payment page shows the $19.99. There's no mention of a promo time frame or anything. Guess I'll have to do a CC dispute.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by PainCorp
I'll take some, if you don't mind. paincorp at gmail dot com
Just sent you a friend request. Send me an FT private message (I don't check this thread regularly) with your screen name and I'll share with you.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 12:45 am

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold
I signed up for it but due to a snafu never received the device I ordered. Requested cancellation but they continued service and eventually charged me after the first month was up. I complained and they refunded the charge and finally canceled my service.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 9:16 am

Negative Experience With Freedom Pop

I do hope your experience with Freedom Pop will be better than mine. I have never been more dissapointed or frustrated with a product in my life. After waiting 3 weeks for the arrival of my device I recieved it. It arrived in a box with no instructions except a quick start guide. I plugged the device in and sure enough a network was detected by my computer, but I cannot log onto it because it requires a password that Freedom Pop did not provide. There is something in the quick start guide that says to use "password" as the password, but that does not work. I searched the internet using my cell phone for a customer service telephone number. I finally found a post from someone who had listed one. I did call this number and it is a Freedom Pop number, but the voice mail instructs you to email them. DUH, Freedom Pop, if your device does not work I cannot email you without leaving my home. I did in fact have to leave my home to email them and have recieved no response to my email 48 hours later. I just sent a second email today, but have no greater hope for that one. Now I am stuck with a device that does not work and no way to speak to anyone about a replacement and refund or tech support. They have my money (about $69.00) and I have their worthless less device. I would strongly advise anyone considering spending money on this devise to email the company and insist on a a phone contact number before giving them your credit card number. From where I sit right now Freedom Pop looks like a scam. Think about it, what kind of legitimate company that has nothing to hide is so guarded about contact information? Buyer beware!
Old Jul 13, 2013, 9:45 am
Suspended

Did you look at the sticker on the bottom of the device?
Old Jul 13, 2013, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by vsfitzgerald
I do hope your experience with Freedom Pop will be better than mine. I have never been more dissapointed or frustrated with a product in my life. After waiting 3 weeks for the arrival of my device I recieved it. It arrived in a box with no instructions except a quick start guide. I plugged the device in and sure enough a network was detected by my computer, but I cannot log onto it because it requires a password that Freedom Pop did not provide. There is something in the quick start guide that says to use "password" as the password, but that does not work. I searched the internet using my cell phone for a customer service telephone number. I finally found a post from someone who had listed one. I did call this number and it is a Freedom Pop number, but the voice mail instructs you to email them. DUH, Freedom Pop, if your device does not work I cannot email you without leaving my home. I did in fact have to leave my home to email them and have recieved no response to my email 48 hours later. I just sent a second email today, but have no greater hope for that one. Now I am stuck with a device that does not work and no way to speak to anyone about a replacement and refund or tech support. They have my money (about $69.00) and I have their worthless less device. I would strongly advise anyone considering spending money on this devise to email the company and insist on a a phone contact number before giving them your credit card number. From where I sit right now Freedom Pop looks like a scam. Think about it, what kind of legitimate company that has nothing to hide is so guarded about contact information? Buyer beware!
So you joined a travel website to post a negative review of something that isn't--strictly speaking--travel related. I wonder how many other sites you joined to post the same review.

The password is probably "freedompop" and it's probably on the back of your device, too.

You're welcome.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by chgoeditor
So you joined a travel website to post a negative review of something that isn't--strictly speaking--travel related. I wonder how many other sites you joined to post the same review.

The password is probably "freedompop" and it's probably on the back of your device, too.

You're welcome.
and they were able to get on the internet to post that ...
Old Aug 22, 2013, 4:46 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Came to this thread for user feedback after finding this promo today: http://www.freedompop.com/mifibonusoffer. No mention of when the deal ends, and the device is a refurbished unit.

Nevertheless, I hope this is of interest to someone.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 6:16 pm

Location: On the Beachs of Super Sunny Southern California USA
Cool I have 1.5GB of FreedomPOP data to give away :)

I'm in #tallship on irc.freenode.net right now if anyone's interested.

Yes it expires tonight at midnight - or at least it does for me.

I'm currently on the 20 dollar a month plan, but waiting on hold forever to downgrade my account since it seems that between wifi at my house, my girlfriends house, the office, and a couple of other places, I'm only using 500MB/mo anyway so I'm going to switch to the free account now

First come first served. If more than one person hits me up I might break it out into 500 meg allotments but I can't find a a way to find other freedompop users - and there's no way I'm giving access to my faceplant profile or anything else.

I think all I need is an email, but maybe you could friend me - I dunno, but I know this is the second month I've only used 500MB so I'm feeling generous

Kindest regards,

Bradley

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.