Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

destination ideas?

destination ideas?

Old Sep 28, 2012, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MileagePlus
destination ideas?

Is there a site or app where I can put in an airport and a range of miles and it generate a list of destinations/airports to fly to?
Old Sep 28, 2012, 9:18 pm

If you're based in the US, you can try http://www.google.com/flights and enter your departure airport, then use the sliders to adjust for things like price, number of stops, and trip duration (semi-related to distance).
Old Oct 1, 2012, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
FareMap has something similar, it takes an airport and shows all the fares from it.

You can select the "zoom" for your map which roughly controls for distance, tho with flying distance can be misleading depending on your routing.

http://www.farecompare.com/maps/
Old Oct 2, 2012, 11:05 am

Programs: AGR WOH
A range of miles? Is this for your own plane, or did you want commercial service?

You can create a quick "x miles around a point" map with this tool, and compare it with the airport destination maps available on Wikipedia. Many airlines (e.g., AA and US) use an online mapping app that shows destinations from a point and allows you to sort them by mileage.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 12:12 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Not range of miles, but Kayak.com/explore lets you tell it the airport you want to start and how long (time wise) you want the flight to max out at, so you can get pretty close to the range you are looking for.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.