Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Scheduling App options after the death of Tungle

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2012, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Scheduling App options after the death of Tungle

I'm not how many of you know about or use tungle.me for scheduling. The beauty is it syncs with google or outlook calendars and confirms appointments seamlessly. Think about an opentable for your calendar, with lots of ability to block off times, suggest locations, etc.

Tungle.me was acquired by Research-in-Motion, and they have just announced plans to discontinue the service. I'm looking for an easy web app that can synchronize with my google calendar and do seamless appointment scheduling. Any suggestions?

[NB not all my coworkers/clients are on google calendar, so some of the appointment slot features don't work in that environment]
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Doodle?

http://www.doodle.com/
Old Sep 21, 2012, 5:12 am
Original Poster

thanks, but with doodle there is still a back-and-forth. With tungle once I picked dates, the appointment was booked and everyone was notified.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Gold; Hilton Silver; Priority Plat; Marriott Silver
I was a big tungle.me user. I use doodle frequently but for unique situations. I coach a baseball team and so I put the schedule in doodle and have the parents tell me which games they are going to miss so I can craft my line-up appropriately.

In place of tungle.me I've started to use timebridge.com's meetwith.me. It gives me a simple url that I can send like tungle: meetwith.me/yourname. It seems to sync well. One flaw is that you have to go to the site to cancel an appt instead of only deleting it in outlook, but it alerted me to this fact when I deleted an appt in outlook. Overall, I think it will solve scheduling now that tungle.me is going away.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

timetrade has always worked for me
Old Sep 21, 2012, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And people wonder why RIM is so hated. There was absolutely no need to kill the product just to make the Playbook and fictional Blackberry OS 10 a better product.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:07 am
Original Poster

thanks, sounds like I'll try timetrade and/or meetwithme
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:14 am

Professional alternative to Tungle

For those looking for a professional alternative – ScheduleOnce (www.scheduleonce.com) is the top rated app in the Google Apps Marketplace and is the best alternative to Tungle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.